Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 3 7900 that did the samething. They were in the shop several times each. When they run they rungood but i dont have time to babysit a saw so i got rid of them. I bough a 576 at a month ago and i like it a lot after i opened the exhaust up.I like how it starts in two pulls no matter how cold it is.

I bought a 575 when they first came out it was a dog and had quite bit trouble with it was one of reasons I tried the dolmar. Really like the 576 autotune smooth and good power.

How does the 441 compare to the 576? I was on the fence a few years back and went with the Stihl so I could swap bars and loops. I also looked at the 7900 and passed.

I have never run a 441,but I have heard good things about them don't think you could go wrong with either one. I would stay away from the 7900.

This ash tree had quite a bit of side and back lean and I wanted to swing it around a hard maple. Was going to push it with the skidder, but was able to wedge over. When I'm just cutting I carry a 3 1/2 lb ax with a 20" handle tucked in the back of my wedge belt. On the skidder I carry a 4 lb council with a 28" handle. That extra 8 inches and half pound makes a world of difference when driving wedges.View attachment 220504View attachment 220505View attachment 220507 I have lost my share of these battles it's nice when you win one once in a while. 3 pictures

220505d1327868653-014-jpg

You've got all the colors on one stump there. It looks like there's been a fair battle.

I never had any luck with those cable ends. They always pulled right off. So, I just tied a knot in the cable, backed onto it with the rear tire, and winched it tight. Then I cut off the tail with the cable cutter.

Where do you send the 8' pulp Mingo? Up here, I'd have sent some of those off to the mill as pallet.

I never could get those ends to work either, the modest 540B would just pull them off, so I use the knots too, I also hate those cable cutters. I use a Dewalt 18V grinder with a cut off wheel, much easier and nice smooth cut, but I have since switched to the synthetic cable (Amsteel Blue) and now cut my "cable" with my pocket knife, LOL.

Keep the pics coming Mingo, looks good.

Sam

Where do you send the 8' pulp Mingo? Up here, I'd have sent some of those off to the mill as pallet.

There is a wood yard in Russell Ma. they use to take pine, hemlock,and poplar, but all they take now is 8' hardwood. It's about 25 miles from my job. Most of the pulp is rotten butt ends or wormy soft maple which nobodys seems to want for logs any more. Like to put the rotten ends to the rear so it doesn't look that bad going down the road.

I never could get those ends to work either, the modest 540B would just pull them off, so I use the knots too, I also hate those cable cutters. I use a Dewalt 18V grinder with a cut off wheel, much easier and nice smooth cut, but I have since switched to the synthetic cable (Amsteel Blue) and now cut my "cable" with my pocket knife, LOL.

Keep the pics coming Mingo, looks good.

Sam

I have had good luck with those cable ends like them better than the knot. The grinder does do a nice job. Have a Gearmatic 19 winch on the skidder and the ends seem to stay on maybe I'm not pulling as big a hitch as you guys.

Loaded a trailer this morning the guy showed up with a 2012 Pete nice truck. Went down hill after that. Went in the woods to get my first hitch, and the throttle sticks open on the skidder. Thought I had a stuck injector, but turns out to be a governor problem. The good thing was it was 50 today. Headed down the Mass Pike tomorrow to get it fixed.View attachment 221028View attachment 221029View attachment 221031 3 pictures

Got down to RCS diesel early this morning and they jumped right on it. Found out it had a broken riser bearing. They had it fixed and I was out of there in a couple of hours. Lucky with the weather it was 50 yesterday and today which made life a lot easier for taking it apart and putting it to back together. Had to dodge some rain today, but had it all together and running by 4. Tomorrow I have to get a tire fixed.View attachment 221211View attachment 221212View attachment 221213View attachment 221214 4 pictures

Mingo, what size tire on that? I have an 18.4 x 26 TJ rim here you can have if it fits and you want it. Maybe have a spare next time?

Mingo, what size tire on that? I have an 18.4 x 26 TJ rim here you can have if it fits and you want it. Maybe have a spare next time?

Thanks for the offer I have 18.4 x 34s I do have a spare down at my shop, but I just brought this one down to the tire shop and they put a new tube in cost more to fix the tire than fixing the governor. Handy to have a log truck when fooling with skidder tires.View attachment 221324View attachment 221325View attachment 221326View attachment 221328View attachment 221329 5 pictures

Latest posts

Back