Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cheating!

Back in the day, I had a flat on the # 2 Tree farmer, which ran 23.1 x 26 rubber...
I dropped the chain, took off the rim/tire, rolled it to the flatbed F250, lifted it on there, had it healed, took it back off, rolled it back, put it on, then put the chain back on...alone...my bag hangs 1" lower to this day.

I've used a loader or our swinging grapple skidder to take them off and load them. We have a spare on the landing usually sometimes we have it at the shop. We have to haul ours on a truck. Usually if I have a flat the skidder is flopped as a result or because of the flat and I need more than a tire and wheel.

Mingo, do you generally cut for a forester, or do you also buy stumpage yourself?
I know you can get by working for a forester, but you won't be buying a steak dinner every night with the money.

Mingo, do you generally cut for a forester, or do you also buy stumpage yourself?
I know you can get by working for a forester, but you won't be buying a steak dinner every night with the money.

This job a forester marked he likes my work and gives me first shot, but I do buy stumpage also. This job is mostly fair to low grade hdw sawlogs and firewood. When I was looking at this job my neighbor walking distance from me had his timber marked and wanted me to cut it. His lot had 200M feet on it, about 100M feet of hemlock, 50m of so so soft maple, and the rest pine, hdw, and poplar. One landing was right next to the road the other where most of the timber lay had a long truck road you would have plow and sand to keep open I told him to put it out to bid he would do a lot better, because my hemlock market isn't that good. A guy with a handset sawmill bought it. I'm glad I didn't take that job it would of taken me forever to finish it, and the the truck road would of been a battle everyday.

The cuts look like how Ed Denham marks wood, I like cutting strips like that, makes it fast with a buncher.

The cuts look like how Ed Denham marks wood, I like cutting strips like that, makes it fast with a buncher.

This is not one of Ed's jobs, but your right he does mark like this, but this forester doen't put ribbons around save trees. The jobs I have done for Ed Mark or Scott have marked them.

You know what year your saw was made I have a 09 that I bought from shaw which is about 40 minutes from boonville I love mine

You know what year your saw was made I have a 09 that I bought from shaw which is about 40 minutes from boonville I love mine
Mine was made in 2011 I like it, but don't like the flooding problem I have had with it lately it's at the dealer see if they can get it fixed.

Ya this damn gas we got is causing more problems then we could ever amagin if I don't use my high octane in a week I get rid of it

Startron or Stabil in every can of gas, just a little bit, maybe a tea-spoon to a gallon.
I treat 25 gallons of sawgas with one small bottle of star-tron. $7.00..
No more problems, and the gas will keep for 8-9 months easily.

startroncomLargee-mailview.jpg

stabiltethanolmarineformula.jpg

Have you heard anything on the 576 at[/QUOT

Husky dropped the saw shop where I used to get my saws, so I had to bring it over to the dealer on the other side of town they sell everything from chainsaws to bulldozers. I called Sarurday and was told they had just started working on it and they thought there was crap in th the carburetor. You don't get to talk to the guy that does the work on them. If I get a chance I'll give them a call tomorrow. I've been busy replacing the head on the skidder and hauling some logs for another logger while I've been down.

Last edited:
Well that don't sound to bad hope you get the ol girl back soon

Called he dealer on the 576a/t told me they are ordering a new carb the welch plug loosened up and that was causing the flooding the good news is it is covered by the warranty the bad news is it won't be ready till the end of next week. 372 get ready your going into the starting rotation.

View attachment 227345View attachment 227346View attachment 227347Had to replace the head on the skidder one of the small lines from the radiator expansion tank was blocked in the elbow were goes into the thermostat housing causing it to get air bound. I thought it was a thermostat problem because of the readings on the temp gauge. Found the real problem when I took the head off. In the first two pictures you can see where blow by from the compression seals were burning the white water seals in the last picture shows the new head installed the rubber line on the side of the valve cover was the one that was plugged.

Called he dealer on the 576a/t told me they are ordering a new carb the welch plug loosened up and that was causing the flooding the good news is it is covered by the warranty the bad news is it won't be ready till the end of next week. 372 get ready your going into the starting rotation.

Thats good to hear that she was covered by warranty. I would imagine that will solve your problems with the 576AT Mingo. I bet she sure is a nice saw to run everyday.

Back