Bought a new Poulan Pro 5020 to see what there about

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great!

Let's see what shipping would be by the least expensive USPS. I think I lost the 2 bolts that hold it on as well, thinking I'd never find a replacement for my broken case. I'll look in the canvas case where I stored all the remaining parts.

Whichever Poulan I decide to keep, it would be good to have a spare.

I've worked on a PR for a local.
Hope to see it again after some time on it. Wouldnt run or idle out of box.
Typical of what I have seen even on my earlier one.

They did change from that crappy epa yellow line they were using. Told him to watch his lines still.

imago I have a grey craftsman cover like that one needed. No brake on ours here though.

p5020r.jpg

I've worked on a PR for a local.
Hope to see it again after some time on it. Wouldnt run or idle out of box.
Typical of what I have seen even on my earlier one.

They did change from that crappy epa yellow line they were using. Told him to watch his lines still.

imago I have a grey craftsman cover like that one needed. No brake on ours here though.

View attachment 848573
I've got the brake parts... I just need the case part. SVK has the whole saw so we'll see if the mailing to Canada is too much for the whole saw.

I think I may own the record low price for a 5020.

Picked up a 220 and 5020 for $1.91 each at a yardsale.

Bwaaaahaaaaa:numberone: Sweet find.
Any chance your related to a x Marine from Iowa? I got a buddy who gets those deals all the time. Sometimes he embarrasses me with his hilarious offers! Enjoy your saws.

Bwaaaahaaaaa:numberone: Sweet find.
Any chance your related to a x Marine from Iowa? I got a buddy who gets those deals all the time. Sometimes he embarrasses me with his hilarious offers! Enjoy your saws.
No, relation to any marines,... but I did step in it again. Saw an add for 4 chainsaws for $100, offered $25 for the yellow/black saw...agreed. Went to purchase, handed over money, then..."do you want the other saws"? Uhmmm...sure. So...$6.25 for my second PP5020.

For those wanting options with bar/chain combo's,...this is a part number for a .325 spur drum (574521501). Yeah not a rim, ...but....still an option.

I also need to post pics of a better fix for the strato butterfly unwanted movement.

Please can someone let me know what tygon or good quality fuel line, from tank to carb that will work. These saws have a ****** soft clear line inside a harder outside line. What has happened on 2 of the 3 pp5020av I have is that the clear vinyl collapses and stops fuel getting to carb. Any help is appreciated...

I am not sure but have seen 3mm x 5mm and 2.5mm x 5mm sizes mentioned.

You actually own three of these fine pieces of Bovine Excrement?

I had one brought to the shop a while back, reminded me of an overgrown Wild Thing. I directed the owner of the saw outside and told him the best sound that saw will ever make is when he "tinks" it off the dumpster!

Sorry for the unkind remarks, but I've been working on small power equipment for over 40 years and there is one common denominator with all of the box-store Poulan crap.....they HATE me!......

Back