bought an MS 260 PRO . Question on anti vibe mounts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimbo3006

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Been a lurker here for quite a while and have picked up some good info. Well the other day I picked up a used MS260 Pro. it looks to have been taken care of. Took the Muffler off and the Piston/Cylinder look really good. Compression was around 125-130 ish (O-rings on my tester cracked and it leaks) The saw has both H-L adjustments on the carb, so I did a muffler mod while I had it off.. Took it out, and cut with it yesterday and it screams.. Read a lot of posts beforehand about how "snappy" the acceleration on that saw as compared to others, and boy were they right... Saw cuts great..It would cut better if I would keep the chain out of the dirt...but that is another issue...

the original plan was to replace the base gasket with the thinner .5mm one. and put some Caber rings in while I am there. In my haste, I ordered 47mm rings instead of 44.7mm so I will have to wait on this for a few days.

as I was looking it over, I noticed that it looked like one of the AV mounts might be missing. Looking at parts diagrams I can only see 3 replaceable mounts. The area in question is on the bottom of the saw on the flywheel side. between the handle and the body. Directly opposite of the AV mount that the chain catch is mounted on. If you flip the saw over, it would be right under where the wrap-around handle bolts on. It looks like something should go there, but there is nothing there on this one. What , if anything, is supposed to be there? Does anyone happen to have a part number?

Any other advice on things to do to this saw while I have it apart?

Thanks for any help

They only have 2 on the lower right hand side and one on the upper left hand side. There is no AV used on that lower left side from factory.
Hmm thats what it looked like from the parts diagrams. Sure seems like something should be there though..

Hello all. Been a lurker here for quite a while and have picked up some good info. Well the other day I picked up a used MS260 Pro. it looks to have been taken care of. Took the Muffler off and the Piston/Cylinder look really good. Compression was around 125-130 ish (O-rings on my tester cracked and it leaks) The saw has both H-L adjustments on the carb, so I did a muffler mod while I had it off.. Took it out, and cut with it yesterday and it screams.. Read a lot of posts beforehand about how "snappy" the acceleration on that saw as compared to others, and boy were they right... Saw cuts great..It would cut better if I would keep the chain out of the dirt...but that is another issue...

the original plan was to replace the base gasket with the thinner .5mm one. and put some Caber rings in while I am there. In my haste, I ordered 47mm rings instead of 44.7mm so I will have to wait on this for a few days.

as I was looking it over, I noticed that it looked like one of the AV mounts might be missing. Looking at parts diagrams I can only see 3 replaceable mounts. The area in question is on the bottom of the saw on the flywheel side. between the handle and the body. Directly opposite of the AV mount that the chain catch is mounted on. If you flip the saw over, it would be right under where the wrap-around handle bolts on. It looks like something should go there, but there is nothing there on this one. What , if anything, is supposed to be there? Does anyone happen to have a part number?

Any other advice on things to do to this saw while I have it apart?

Thanks for any help
The thin gasket is what it comes with. The thick one on the IPL/gasket set is to reduce compression if you can only get low octane crap gas.
Check squish without a gasket and see if you can do a gasket delete.

The thin gasket is what it comes with. The thick one on the IPL/gasket set is to reduce compression if you can only get low octane crap gas.
Check squish without a gasket and see if you can do a gasket delete.
Good to know... havent checked the squish as it is yet either. maybe in the next day or so

Back