Bought an MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagonwheeler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been a while since I asked some q's here about 260 vs 361 etc...

Since there has just been another price increase ($50 on the 361 I think it was...) at my local Stihl shop I decided to go ahead and get the MS361 before they go up more. 20" bar, RS chain. My dealer sold it at the price he'd given me a few months back and said the saws on the shelf he'd already bought before Nov 1 anyway.

Maybe I'll find something to cut when I get home. Saw just looks too new. I'd at least like to find an old case to keep it in...

Chaser

I have an old "case" you can keep it in.... the bed of my 1995 F250 PSD!!! I can keep it in the "case" as long as you like. kiddin'.... jus' kiddin' :p .

Nice saw. Sure to bring you years of cuttin'.

Gary

:rolleyes: I should have seen this comin'...

GASoline71 said:
I have an old "case" you can keep it in.... the bed of my 1995 F250 PSD!!! I can keep it in the "case" as long as you like. kiddin'.... jus' kiddin' :p .

Climbing saw? :dizzy:

Yeah, right... I'm just a sissy homeowner who doesn't even have a fireplace :eek: That's just not quite how I want to leave this cruel world...

I think I'll be running this saw w/ both feet on terra firma thank you! :)

I'll probably send the muffler off for work after I've run the saw for several months and the honeymoon is over...

Chaser

Echo CS3000
Stihl MS361
no fireplace...no timber...no explanation

You can drill it out yourself if you have a hand drill, its a no brainer. Course you got to remove those little plugs that are hiding two bolts that hold the muffler on, besides the obvious one in front. When you get ready to fix the muffler, just ask on this site and no less than about a dozen guys will tell you exactly how to do it. Including me. :p :p

:laugh: :laugh:
Hi, Jeff - you are guilty of provoking my first big laugh this morning.

Knowing you, I thought something was odd with the way you saw looked in the first picture - it simply looked to well balanced to be a 24 incher.....

How did it feel with the 18" bar?

Mine feels really good with 18" Rollomatic E and full comp RSC chain!
I did not want the extra weight of the ES bar.

Last edited:
SawTroll- Of course it balanced well, but once you got it up in the tree, it was still alot of saw. This was my first foray into tree climbing, so I could of had a butter knife up there and still felt like it was in the way. The 361 is my smallest saw, so I put the Rollomatic E on there as well for weight, and I figured I won't be putting enough use on this bar to justify the solid construction or replacable tip of the ES. The saw managed superbly. And in all seriousness the full wrap was a benefit to me in the tree because no matter how I held the saw, I had a handle on that side to use. It worked well, but man, a nice little MS 200 would have been the ticket.

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. I'd hoped you would buddy. :)

I even used a full comp RS chain on there...now where's Russ so I can tell him about that....

Jeff

fishhuntcutwood said:
.... And in all seriousness the full wrap was a benefit to me in the tree because no matter how I held the saw, I had a handle on that side to use. .....
I can easily imagine that, once you are well off the ground, even I see only benefits with a full wrap! :angel:

However, I have no plans of leaving the ground - so I stay with the old half wrap. ;)

Last edited:
Back