Bought my first brand new saw yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff1981

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stihl MS290 with 20" bar. I just couldn't justify the cost of the 362 right now, but I cut 12 cords of firewood a year and needed something bigger than my old Jonsered 2050. So far I'm very impressed with it, especially for the price.

Stihl MS290 with 20" bar. I just couldn't justify the cost of the 362 right now, but I cut 12 cords of firewood a year and needed something bigger than my old Jonsered 2050. So far I'm very impressed with it, especially for the price.

Very good firewood saw, the 290. :cheers:

thats cool. I have only ever ever bought one new saw my 036pro. the nice part about buying new is you are the only person to use it and dont have to hope and pray its in good shape.

Great saw , That was the first saw that i had and loved it until the cad got me. Then i wanted the 362 and it got outa hand from there. Be safe and happy sawing.:cheers:

Congrats! it will make a great saw for you.:) My first new saw was a MS390 and it cut real well, I really liked it until I spent too much time here, and then,
Don't fall victim to the CAD,....... unless you want too!:greenchainsaw:
Enjoy your new saw!!

Congrats on the new saw. I can't wait to see how long until you are muffler modding it.

As for the new saw being better than a new wife, I'm sorry to hear that. My wife of 7 years is better than a trainload of KMS-4's. The right woman, in the right setting, will actually encourage you to buy a saw or two.

My first new saw was a MS310. Beat the snot out of it learning how to use it and it never failed me in spite of my ignorance at the time. Still runs great and gets a lot more respect from me these days than it did back then!

Know a lot more about saws now and have the CAD pretty bad too, but won't ever regret buying the 310 same as you won't regret buying your 290.

Congrats!:cheers:

Poge

Ms290

Jeff, I think your only mistake was coming to this site. I to had a MS290 and was happy as a pig in #$@%. Then I found this site and all I read about was BIGGER, BETTER,and FASTER. Sold the 290 and got a MS361. If it wasn't for this place I would still be cutting my firewood with the 290 and loving every minute of it. Don't let anyone tell you the MS290 isn't a good saw for what you are using it for. Use it and enjoy it.

Carl

Back