Box Elder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's half way common around here...so, yes I've milled it. The BSM slices right through it, no problem.....makes for some pretty lumber.

SR

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anyone have anything else good to say about box elder?

My friend who's a Forman for a big tree company, acted like it was a "weed tree"

Was wondering what you guys thought about it...

Anyone ever try coating it with a UV repellant wood floor coating?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anyone have anything else good to say about box elder?

My friend who's a Forman for a big tree company, acted like it was a "weed tree"

Was wondering what you guys thought about it...
Yeah it is junk for firewood but a tree with heavy ambrosia is worth a hell of a lot more on the lumber market than any tree will bring in the firewood market. However, if it has no color than it's not worth much to anybody

Yeah it is junk for firewood but a tree with heavy ambrosia is worth a hell of a lot more on the lumber market than any tree will bring in the firewood market. However, if it has no color than it's not worth much to anybody

Thanks.

My mother in law saw a piece of furniture that was made from box elder. It was her favorite piece so it got me thinking.

My buddy always acted like it wasn't worth anything but it sounds like it would be worthwhile to me.

Back