Boxxer minis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanopyGorilla

climber....sawyer
Reaction score
We are thinking of buying a mini this spring and I always see Boxxers pop up on ebay. Anyone have much experience with them? Locally we have a bobcat dealer so I could get an MT50 fairly easily.

My company has two Ditch Witch SK650 mini skidsteers and they are great. They move huge logs with the grappel attachment and load firewood and mulch quickly with a bucket. They can lift logs over the side of our big dump trailer. They are great for lifting during rigging and pulling back leaners over also.

Bobcats have an odd attachment plate so you have to buy their own attachments. Can't cross over to boxer or others. Makes finding them more difficult

From what I've heard locally, Bobcat has low flow to the hydraulics so moving attachments like a mower or stump grinder will not work efficiently. The Boxers have had trouble with their motors, they overheat and blow.

On the otherhand, crotchclimber is right. My ditchwitch sk650 is awesome. Lifts, runs attachments and is compatable with other plates for attachments. Best purchase in a long time.

I have been renting a bobcat and have certainly NOT been blown away by their performance. The dealership is just in town. Ditch Witch is 5 hours away.

I have a bobcat mt52. I loved it for 5 years until we got an avant 528. I plan on just holding onto it just because it has been so good to us. My only complaint is its slow speed.

Have a boxer 427 it is a great machine only downfall is that it will overheat if you run it for hours straight in hot weather.

On the TL224 that I sold last year, I pulled the muffler off the honda 24hp, built a header and plumbed it through the side of the engine compartment and mounted it externally. Had a little better low end power and was quieter, also the fuel wouldn't boil in the tank anymore in the summer. The heat shielding was a joke.
That was a 06 model still built by Mertz not Morbark. I did like the way the tracks would retract and extend but I would definitely buy a wheel model - way quicker to maneuver on grass.

Back