BR600 IPL / Service Manual?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magbarn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but my BR600 is now around 100 or so hours so it now needs a valve adjustment. My local dealer wants to carge me $60 for a 5 minute job. Does anyone have access to these documents? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but my BR600 is now around 100 or so hours so it now needs a valve adjustment. My local dealer wants to carge me $60 for a 5 minute job. Does anyone have access to these documents? Thanks in advance.

You mean it's not under warrante!!!!

And you guys want everyone to be loyal to the dealer.

The process is very simple.... and whether you do it at exactly 100 hours is of no concern. Most I see have may time that hours and have never been adjusted. Run synthetic mix and you may never need to (well......).

Remove the 4 back screws, and the three recoil screws. Pull off back and recoil.

Remove the single screw that holds the valve cover on. Rotate the flywheel to TDC on the compression stroke. Insert feeler and adjust the nut on the top of each rocker arm until you can feel friction. Reassemble.

If you have carboned valves from running crappy mix, you need to de-carbon (actually, de-calcify...) with edta solution first, and with great care.... However...100 hours it's not an issue..

You will need the stihl feel gauge - about 50 cents, but it has a specific tiny end that fits into the tappet area.

Last edited:
thanks lake!!!

will chase down the special stihl feeler guage

The process is very simple.... and whether you do it at exactly 100 hours is of no concern. Most I see have may time that hours and have never been adjusted. Run synthetic mix and you may never need to (well......).

Remove the 4 back screws, and the three recoil screws. Pull off back and recoil.

Remove the single screw that holds the valve cover on. Rotate the flywheel to TDC on the compression stroke. Insert feeler and adjust the nut on the top of each rocker arm until you can feel friction. Reassemble.

If you have carboned valves from running crappy mix, you need to de-carbon (actually, de-calcify...) with edta solution first, and with great care.... However...100 hours it's not an issue..

You will need the stihl feel gauge - about 50 cents, but it has a specific tiny end that fits into the tappet area.

Could you send me the part numbers for these BR600 parts?
exhaust valve
crankshaft seals
piston rings
Thanks, Lee

Thanks for the part #'s. The serial number on my BR600 is 266422321 which is below the 267140860 number where they made the change to the new exhaust valve. So hopefully I'll get a new valve under warranty. Thanks THALL for your help. I'm throwing in a set of rings and crank seals just because it has well over 500 hours on it and I already have it apart. The piston and cylinder both look good. Since this was one of the first BR600's (can anyone tell by the serial # when this was made?) I'm wondering if there is anything else I should check while I have it apart? thanks, Lee

Local dealer wants $10.92ea + $5 shipping for the 2 crank seals above. That's $26.84 + $1.88 tax= $28.72 for a set of crank seals! Anyone else think I'm getting screwed? Any idea how I can get the crank seals without getting screwed? BTW I paid $75 for the whole BR600 blower with bad exhaust valve.
Thanks, Lee

Does anybody have access or know the part numbers for the frame on the BR600 and the two straps(right & left)?

this will help with all the tools part number

Attachments

• 2015 tools manual.PDF
    5.9 MB · Views: 100
Back