Brand loyal? What do you like?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&L Landscaping

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I must admit, I'm brand loyal probably to a fault. I like and prefer the following (in no certain order): anything STIHL, Chevrolet HD trucks, DeWalt hand tools, German Shepherd dogs and 5'3" 105 lb. blondes.

I've tried to really warm up to Husky saws and I just can't do it for some odd reason. My brother-in-law has a few XP Husky's that I have run and I think their good saws but I just can't force myself to buy one. I actually went to one of the local Husky dealers a few weeks ago with all intentions of buying a 576XP Auto Tune and I got cold feet.

Just curious if anyone else is brand loyal to a fault?

I'm not really brand loyal. I've got 3 huskies, 2 poulans, and 1 stihl right now. I've had dolmars too. I even have an echo weedeater. I"ve had 25 different saws in the last year and a half. I've had all 3 brands of 3/4 ton trucks and honda cars for the wife.

I used to be an all Stihl guy but have since taken a liking to Dolmars. I like Chevy and GMC trucks, Harley Davidson motorcycles, Toyota and Honda cars and a certain Model AA Ford doodlebug tractor. I used to be more brand specific but try to buy things that have a proven track record for reliability now. I don't own a Husky saw yet and probably won't for a while. It seems that when someone is selling one around here they want more than what it cost new for an old beater.

I have an LG cell that has lasted longer than any cell since they first became mainstream. It's been through it all: girlfriend tryin to wrastle it from me, dropped, pissed on.... I've been waitin for it to die and buyin LG since then. And busch light and seagrams 7!

I have an LG cell that has lasted longer than any cell since they first became mainstream. It's been through it all: girlfriend tryin to wrastle it from me, dropped, pissed on.... I've been waitin for it to die and buyin LG since then. And busch light and seagrams 7!

:msp_lol::msp_lol::msp_lol:

I also have a problem warming up to Huskys. I own three stihls and one echo I Just like the way they feel in my hands when working with them. I Know that Husqvarna builds a great saw but they just don't feel right. I prefer a narower handle. Its just like a gun, it has to fit your hand in order to shoot straight.For Me anyway.

Stihl Power tools, though I have a Husky blower, and har a string trimmer until I trashed cutting brush so I upgraded to a big Stihl.
Ford cars/trucks
hand tools not so much
dogs over cats, though a few different breeds (all large except the smaller hounds)
GE appliances (mom & pop both worked in the factory here)
and
5'3" 105 lb. blondes, brunettes, red heads alone are all at one (I don't much care about hair color). :smile2:

I'll admit I'd like to own several classic shevy cars, but My first was a Mustang and growing up Ford is all the parents owned and still do. There are 2 ford factories within a 30 minute drive so there is also the support your local economy aspect. Toyota & the "vette are both made about an hour away.

Same with he saw my first saw was an 038 AV pop picked up for $15 w/ 2 20" bars and 3 loops of triple-humb tie strap safety chain, in a sealed bid auction. Ran it probably 15 years until I replaced it w/ a 361, and sold the 038 for $150 (with only the 1 bar & chain). I have been around several other saws Husky and Poulan (owned 2 Poulans) I just lean to Stihl. I won't argue one is better than the other, and don't understand those that do. I like what I like, they like something else. Maybe some day they'll wise up ;)

dw

Stihl chainsaws - Glock pistols - Smith & Wesson revolvers - Ford trucks
:cheers:
J2F

Meh, I was 100% with you until the Ford trucks. I used to be a Ford man until some genius thought the 6.0 PowerStroke was an improvement over the 7.3 PowerStroke. :mad2::mad2:

Meh, I was 100% with you until the Ford trucks. I used to be a Ford man until some genius thought the 6.0 PowerStroke was an improvement over the 7.3 PowerStroke. :mad2::mad2:
Don't know anything about the diesels..just love the old F150's..my ole '86 still pulling strong..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Stihl
Snap-On
Dewalt
Timberwolf
Mopar

Suzuki ATV's
Polaris Snomobile's

I actually didnt relize any of the other company's were still in business...:hmm3grin2orange:

There's a fine line between liking the particular products a company makes - perhaps you find a certain design aspect to be more appealing or effective - and becoming a promoter/fan boy. They pay people to do advertising, and I've never understood why some folks take that on for free, and man do people get worked up into a lather rooting for one corporation over the others. Most of these companies make decent products, some better than others, and some duds too. In fact the design of most modern saws has become commoditized and they're all pretty similar, even down to making the same mistakes. There's nowhere near the variation in design that there was a few decades ago.

I guess that I find it somewhat repulsive when people build up their identity based upon what products they buy, or feel like it's some sort of good reflection on them if other people buy the same products they do. It's one thing to be guy who cuts firewood and has found that certain saws work well, and another to be feeling some sense of pride when others confirm your shopping prowess.

McCulloch chain saws.....SuperPro and ProMac
Windsor Speed-Tip Bars
Chevy trucks and muscle cars (1967 Camaro RS would be tops)
Bonney tools....now out of business (thanks Cooper Tools)
John Deere snowmobiles
Savage 99 lever guns (.300 & .250-3000 calibers)
Colt for short guns

Chainsaws is one of the few things where there's no brand loyalty. Well, guess I'm Stihl and Husky loyal, but I'd own dolmar too.

I like Glock carry pistols and Colt 1911 pistols. I like New Holland tractors and Ford trucks. Dewalt is the only power tool I'll own. I've owned and worked with them for 15 years now and never had any trouble out of them until they were just completely worn out. Snap on and Mac tools are the only tools I'll buy for the most part.

Knipex is the only kind of wire cutters and pliers I'll buy. That ones indisputable though IMO. Theres no cutters made that will outlast Knipex. Some more of that German quality.:rock:

Skoal fine cut wintergreen, the only dip worth dipping! :D

Husqvarna saws. Stihl trimmers. Toyota, Ford and Dodge trucks. Mercury, Yamaha outboards. Ruger, S&W. Dewalt. Kubota tractors. Custom Knives. I like all kind of stuff. :D

Stihl for work saws
Husqvarna for race saws

Klotz lubricants, and fuels

Chevy/GMC Compact trucks, my dad, brother and myself have all owned S-10's and Sonoma's all with over 200,000 miles on them.

Craftsman hand tools, I can't afford any of that Snap On, MAC, Matco stuff, on a Power Equipment mechanics salary
The only exception is Wiha T handles

stihl power equiptment,dodge and toyota,glock pistols, craftsman tools,sam adams,samsung tvs and motorola phones

Back