Brand new Bandit 250: auto feed won't work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scars2prove-it

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a Brush Bandit 250. The auto feed light comes on but shuts off at operating speed. I can take it back to the dealer, but I was wondering if there is something that I'm missing that would make it work?

It has been my experience that auto feeds don't work very well. The vibrations from the chipper kills the electronics. I never had one that worked well for a long time. Next chipper I will take the auto feed delete credit instead.

Bandit auto feed

Always take the chipper to full RPM when running up, as some Bandit auto feeds will only work once you get to full rpm on start up,also make sure your machine is running at full rpm on the throttle cable as the cable could have not been set correct from the factory.
All Bandit auto feeds are adjustable to suit the applications. Each model chipper has a standard setting Called P.R. if you call the factory and ask for this you will beable to set up your chipper to standard if the system has been tampered with.
Hope this helps. :angel:

Latest posts

Back