brand new unfueled Stihl 090 for sale on e-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I took my stihl service tech course in Vancouver B.C. the instructor
brought out a mint 090g that a farmer had tucked away,it was beautiful! Stihl traded him for whatever saw he wanted in the warehouse-he took a 280.

Stihl now uses that saw a local shows. So I know there are some still out there!

A 280! They should have given him the 280 and a 440! Wow someone made out:dizzy:

When I took my stihl service tech course in Vancouver B.C. the instructor
brought out a mint 090g that a farmer had tucked away,it was beautiful! Stihl traded him for whatever saw he wanted in the warehouse-he took a 280.

Stihl now uses that saw a local shows. So I know there are some still out there!

There is a Stihl dealer over in Maryland that has on display a never fueled 090Stihl saw. There's also a sign in front of it, DO NOT TOUCH!

Its amazing the money those saws bring.

I done a little digging

After I found out where the seller is. DO NOT take this as the gospel fact. The seller is in Michigan, I will not name the town, very close to my First cousin. According to mike there are a bunch of Clone (Asian kits) 070, 088, 090. items being done in a shop there. I have been promised pics. We shall see.

Very interrrrresting.

The bar and chain cover from Baileys is all white as well. Legit Stihl bar and chain covers on the 090 had the name Stihl painted in black. The plot thickens Bob. If I had to lay money on it that entire saw is a Bailey's put together. Also the recoil starter is of a 070, not a 090. The square name tag on it is the clue. The 090 was a more rounded badge.

Last edited:
You also need to make sure your bank account has low funds. If paypal disagrees with the CC company, they will reach back in and attempt to take the funds. And, the kicker is, even if you dont have the funds, you'll get a bank charge for NSF (Not Sufficient Funds..), and as they try twice, you can get 2 charges!

Paypal - convenient, but a PITA if things go wrong..

Paypal is the new autocratic REGIME.

I got the double whammie NSF thing because I forgot to change funding source to CC on a transaction. My linked checking account I keep almost dry for the reasons being discussed.

Interesting thing is I completed a paypal survey complaining vociferously that I could not make my CC my default funding source, and a week or two later, it magically changed. Now all my PP transactions default to my CC.

The plot is thick indeed on this saw.

So, what does this guy think? He can sell an Asian Clone and get away with it? How will that work? The buyer will have to dispute with PP and go through that hassle, and the seller will take the money and run and hide?

Very interesting.

I can tell you this - a new 090AV was recently purchased in NZ for $3200 USD. Supposedly it was one of the last 5 imported. No more after those last 5 in NZ, according to the dealer.

I know the seller and he's legit. I've bought two from him on another forum. He is currently a dealer for Dolmar and Solo. He has quite a few saws in his collection including other NOS saws like a Solo REX. Whoever wins this auction will receive a new old stock OEM 090 as described.

why doesn't he have any feedback?

Why the missing nameplate?

Why the other issues described above?

Why the woefully inadequate description on e-bay?

Why hasn't he answered questions on the saw?

I know EJ is new to selling on e-bay and that's why he doesn't have any feedback. There's another forum you can go to and see him in action. It's quite likely that if you contact him there, he'll give you his home phone number. If you don't like the looks of the auction then it's real simple, don't bid on it.

What's your opinion on this one, Bill G? I know you've had a few of these.

Brad,

I think it is real. I do wonder why the model tag is missing. I also wonder if it was a new saw that had some parts removed to repair other saws. Then the parts were put back on later. The model tag is still available for the top cover. I believe I have some.

Bill

I know EJ is new to selling on e-bay and that's why he doesn't have any feedback. There's another forum you can go to and see him in action. It's quite likely that if you contact him there, he'll give you his home phone number. If you don't like the looks of the auction then it's real simple, don't bid on it.

EJM is a friend of mine. Have you talked to him and know its him? I did try to call but he is at work and I don't have that number.

O if you google race$aw$ that site comes up where he hangs out.

Hey, man, no worries. Just interested in the saw and it's provenance. If you vouch for him, that's fine with me. In fact I e-mailed him and apologized for insinuating via my questions that the saw is not legit.

He's lucky to have a friend like you who can vouch for him!

Now we just need to get in touch with him and teach him how to list like a PRO on e-bay.

SOA

Now we just need to get in touch with him and teach him how to list like a PRO on e-bay.

SOA

Hey I cld use some help in that area! I listed a saw once and I never did find out where they put it LMAO!

Larry- I talked to him on the phone and we chatted a bit about selling saws and such. He hasn't sold on e-bay before directly, but other guys have listed saws for him and it's worked out fine. EJ stays really busy logging 6-7 days a week and he owns his own company. So yeah he's not in touch with the fine points of marketing stuff on e-bay and that's ok, he's a talented and real stand-up guy and I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy anything from him.

Back