Bridge job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The WoodButcher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I finished the bridge job today. They have some of the wood I cut installed now. It's Way Cool, knowing that I cut lumber for this bridge. The company I did it for, gave me a PO#, whats that? I told the guy I'd do that this time, but there won't be a next time if thats how they are gonna pay. I'm a C.O.D kinda guy . I did make lots of connections here on this job though. But took a really bad beating on price. The guy is a word wizard and led me like a sheep to the slaughter But like I said I knew that going in, I just wanted to make the connections and I did that so I'm happy. All I cut was the trim and the 16" arch at the top of the entrance. Only about 268 BF for both ends.
BridgeJob.jpg

bridgejob2.jpg

The WoodButcher said:
Hi All, I finished the bridge job today. They have some of the wood I cut installed now. It's Way Cool, knowing that I cut lumber for this bridge. The company I did it for, gave me a PO#, whats that? I told the guy I'd do that this time, but there won't be a next time if thats how they are gonna pay. I'm a C.O.D kinda guy . I did make lots of connections here on this job though. But took a really bad beating on price. The guy is a word wizard and led me like a sheep to the slaughter But like I said I knew that going in, I just wanted to make the connections and I did that so I'm happy. All I cut was the trim and the 16" arch at the top of the entrance. Only about 268 BF for both ends.
BridgeJob.jpg

bridgejob2.jpg

That is WAY cool. I like covered bridges.

Very nice, we have tons of wooden covered bridges here in PA. They are high maintenance items though, requiring constant upkeep. I was surprised to hear from the county engineer here though that bridges in general don't last as long as you would think.

Back