Briggs Intec 16hp question?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everybody for the help...I will let you guys know how it turns out...

You said you took the the hose off the crank case breath and no oil came out of it. I think the it is the breath it self. There is not much to the breath but if it is not working the pressure has to go some where. And it will push the oil any where it can get out. Sorry I did not read the hole post, my bad if I missed this part if it was covered already.

you're damn sure tryin' your best FISH!!!
My guess is he just took it to dealer
Still..if so..should post if he did..or whatever he's doin'???
Yeah..ya know..it's just an ol' "southern thing"

you're damn sure tryin' your best FISH!!!
My guess is he just took it to dealer
Still..if so..should post if he did..or whatever he's doin'???
Yeah..ya know..it's just an ol' "southern thing"

No, he started the thread here.......

I made a mistake by responding......

I am going on "vacation"....

I am going on "vacation"....

Where you goin...I could use a vacation..

I think the dealer is searching for work...He said right off he thought it was the head gasket...He said he does about 3 to 5 a year on that model engine...He thought $100 would cover it w/ the gasket and fluid changed and the giving the mower a good once over...He is a good guy and really has never steered me wrong...

So you started the thread, already having in mind to take it in for work???

So I wasted my time for nothing? Our time?

We are not all skilled craftsmen practicing our trades. Some things are beyond our purview. Mayhap this is the case here. :D

I should have read his quote in his signature..........

And followed it....

Well for what it's worth I agree that a head gasket is easy enough for one to do on their own. Well, as long as a fella doesn't try and cheap out like me and re-use the cylinder head bolts. I won't be doing that again. :blush:

Nope, called the dealer to get parts prices and he kind of begged for the business and shot me a very fair price...I like the guy and he has always been fair w/ me...And don't forget the thank you, that has to be worth something in this day and age...

fish how far are you from louisville ?

reason i ask is have you ever been to that gie expo ? in louisville

I live just south of Louisville and go every year, it used to be free
if you advance registered, now it's $10 a head.
It has gotten a little better since Stihl started attending again.

http://www.gie-expo.com/

I went last year and started a thread for Mr. Franzen and his robot chain sharpener.

Getting my mower back today...The total on the repair was $169.14...Now the rest of the story...He replaced the head gaskets, changed the fluids, replaced all of the fuel lines, sharpened and balanced the blades, thru in a new set of blades, set the tracking and is delivering it back to my house...

If you feel I wasted any of your guys time sorry, but I don't know how I could have went wrong for the price I paid for what I had done...The service alone was/is worth the money to me and knowing that I am supporting a small town family that is trying their best to make an honest living...Like said thanks for the help in making sure I wasn't going to get jacked into replacing something that wasn't needed...

Getting my mower back today...The total on the repair was $169.14...Now the rest of the story...He replaced the head gaskets, changed the fluids, replaced all of the fuel lines, sharpened and balanced the blades, thru in a new set of blades, set the tracking and is delivering it back to my house...

If you feel I wasted any of your guys time sorry, but I don't know how I could have went wrong for the price I paid for what I had done...The service alone was/is worth the money to me and knowing that I am supporting a small town family that is trying their best to make an honest living...Like said thanks for the help in making sure I wasn't going to get jacked into replacing something that wasn't needed...

no harm applied there you did a good job just wish the locals in my area would do the same for me but they go to the high dollar john deere dealer down the road a ways but since i posted a ad on craigslist for eastern nc that helped get me a job have to go today at 4 pm to a ladys home to give her a estimate on a riding tractor repair on the mower deck metal hitting metal which i have my suspicions on what the problem is but want to clearify it first

that price you were charged is reasonable about what i would of charged
the delivery is worth about 20.00 by itself

glad to hear your tractor is fixed

the other bright side about it is 169.00 is alot cheaper than paying for a new mower

the bad thing about craigslist i have had about 5 emails come in that was spam related

well take care
calvin

i figured i would post the link to that ad in case you want to view it if you see anything i can add to it that may catch the eyes of these locals let me know thanks again

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/biz/1347760746.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back