Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jamie sorry mate but you're last post emmm ..i just about get it ..are you tonight on the old 'mountain dew'

Well, as an American, I thought “english” was my native tongue. But after having read the above five pages of thread, I’m beginning to wonder. Not to speak disparagingly of the Brits and Aussies, but in five pages of posts I think maybe five words I recognise as “english.” And to make matters worse, these words within the context of the sentences they were written, made not a sliver of sense to me. I even took the trouble to run some of the sentences through a modern language translation engine – and what did it do? – it spit them out as “undecipherable.” I think I’d do much better trying to figure out what Martians were saying, should they post on ArboristSite.

-Chucky
Talk, Block, & Walk TREE SERVICE

Yo, the name of this thread is the Brit Thread, eh? What we might call one 'english' word means something completely different in another culture, even though it's spelled the same or whatnot.

Ya ever be outside the CONUS?;)

Originally posted by Chucky
Well, as an American, I thought “english” was my native tongue. ... made not a sliver of sense to me.
What? You don't understand something like "jamie,What company do you work for?." ??? :confused: Sounds like you're just pulling a chain that needn't be pulled. :rolleyes:

ya wanka

wank. slang for masterbate......im not doing that over this site.....no sireeee, dont flatter yourself.

jamie

wey looka heeya man, a divent na wot yees aaal sayin like!!! this is how bad it can get up here in the grim north! not done much today to my disapointment. am waitin of lots of new shiny kit courtesy of the tax payer!!

Originally posted by PRUNER 1
wey looka heeya man, a divent na wot yees aaal sayin like!!! this is how bad it can get up here in the grim north! not done much today to my disapointment. am waitin of lots of new shiny kit courtesy of the tax payer!!

well me old china i think its grim all over the country ,people all over tell me the tree games crap i tend to agree..to many little one man bands..what new kit did you get ??

Originally posted by PRUNER 1

I rest my case.

-Chucky
Yank, Thank, Bank & Wank TREE SERVICE

yes it is the borough of darlington and yes phil does still work here, although he is now senior arb officer. aint got my kit yet but am lookin forward to bf2, grillon, ball locks, stretch air trousers and gore tex boots for the grim northern weather. how do you know phil and do you know any of the others? richard ?

I started a YTS at Houghall back in 1989 & went on placement with them,In my 2nd week i injured my shoulder & was kicked of the course.Thats how i know both Phil & Richard.I have also done work for Andrew Jackson & Micheal McDonough from Fenby Ave.
I bet you if you mention me to phil he will say i owe him money for some dodgy kit he sold me & i mean dodgy.
Last time i heard he was studing for his PD arb,Did he get it & did how many kids has richard got now?.
Say hi to them.

work

at the moment we are doing this mad site clearence (with our new mulcher). they are flattening a woodland to......plant a new woodland.

anyway we have been working longer hours this weekend and have a weekend of overtime as well

oh joy

jamie

Back