Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ross, rich has 2 kids now, both at secondary. phil did his hnc arb eventually. i can beleive the dodgy kit thing! they were still lowering on three strand till i started a year ago! council life is a slow pace tho, not what ime used to and ive been there a year now. still i get to climb some of the biggest trees in this area which is nice. its nice to get into a 90 foot beech quite often and put your pruning mark on it. houghall has gone to the dogs now tho. the good lecturers left after my first year there and now they have students whove just left, teaching current students. hasnt got a reputation anymore.

Its amazing what happens in time,I belive what you say about Houghall,It went to the dogs before it joined up with the other colleges.As for dodgey kit try this one,FC81 full body harness,a few worn karabiners & a 3 strand rope that you could not tie a bowline in or prussik for that manner.
Are you based in the depot at Vicarge lane/road or west end cem?.
I would love to get onto a council tree gang as i would make my life a lot easier.
As for big trees have you seen that cedar up at the Nunnery(between Cockerton & Conniscliffe road)thats a good climb as you can sit on the canopy & look out over darlo.

ross we are based at west cem, i know the cedar you meen. i havent climbed that but i did prune the fruit trees in the orchard. that tree is emense. work goes out to tender now though so i dont think that we do much in there now. we are currently pruning all the trees in cem lane and have just completed 9 months in the south park back in feb 04. every tree was pruned and 350 were felled. wish it was like that again getting stuck in instead of traipsing round town in a tranny all day. ive lived in darlington most of my life. never noticed how many bloody big turkey oaks there are!!!

Is there a lad called Darren working on the hort side he went by the name Daz the boxer.If so say hi to him from me.I used to live in Aycliffe & Darlo but moved away in 98 to work down country.

Originally posted by BigJohn
What is a good rogering?

well bigjohn 'a good rodgering ' is something you wouldn't want a cell mate to do to you..or something a lady friend might want you to do to them ..to be blunt it means intercource ..rodger is rhyming for todger which means penis, again a slang word..you get it now mate :D

whats the average price you or your firm is now paying for insurance..i have just submitted a proposal to a new firm 5 mill public liability cover, 2 staff employers liability ..i have also noticed that there are now a few more firms outhere now offering insurance so at last it's possible to shop around

but jeez what a lot of red tape to get insurance they ask every question possible and want you to provide ,all tickets nptc, generic risk assesmant,site risk assesmants,mewp tickets ,health and safety policy,lola tickets for all kit,chipper and stump grinder tickets ..put it like this i have been doing paper work all day ..pisses me off all i want to do is climb and work a saw not become a part-time pen pusher :mad:

hi guys hows the warm piss,just wondering if any tinks masquerade as tree experts in your lovely country(s):angel:

hundreds of the bleeders,white tranny vans and 017 stihls,seem to shy away from the big stuff,but always touting for business seem to charge way over the odds ,a blight on the legitimate working man ,got a mate who tips is bash /waste logs over the entrance to their lairs,at 4 am ,a real laugh watching the tidy up ,even more so on giro day ......

risky but fun ,about 4 tonnes of lombarby wood tipped one morning,for some reason they dont hang about ,also most of the tree lads round these parts ring the tree officer/hse/police ,best one is call the police and say youve seen them looking through house windows but wish to remain anonymous,the red diesel is a good one aswell,police turn up sharpish ,check out their vans/chippers /saws etc,they soon get the message ,

Originally posted by aussie_lopa
hi guys hows the warm piss,just wondering if any tinks masquerade as tree experts in your lovely country(s):angel:

i read some where that ozz has it's fair share of 'TINKS' as well some from great britain but also a lot from greece and other mediteranian countrys

good ,gonna sharpen the saws fuel the truck and put call divert on ,love a bit of storm damage,in the morning ,its the smell of money ,,,,sod victory......

i have nothing but big trees ,lombardys,big beeches etc booked in and this weather is supposed to last untill the weekend
so i guess it means more time off..we have had lots of storms down here in the past couple of years ,very little storm work though odd tree blown over no big deal...imo when the trees hit the deck its no longer much of a problem..very often home owners clear it up themselves takeing many weekends and lots of chains :D

Back