Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah dont want that waste of space over here,you can keep him in the office looking at ebay when he is meant to be doing work for the company,Whats his job again??????:D

Hi Guys, been a while!

I'm currently thinking about investing in a fastrack with a pto mounted chipper, however i am finding it quite difficult to find out about sources of information on regulations like running it on red diesel, tacographs etc.

Also whether if i was hiring it out, would it fall under different rules and regs? Can anyone please help!

No probs what so ever with fasttrac and chipper. I run Mog,chipper and trailer.Went to tribunal over use of cherryade.

1. Register as Ag tractor, No road tax or Test

2. Ok to us heavy oil if fitted with PTO,Hydraulics and 3 point linkage.

3. No operators license required

4. Tacho required under UK regs,BUT exempt under EU reg for use in forestry,Agri or fishery. EU regs superseeds UK regs, becareful and stand your ground alot of the old bill have trouble in understanding this law.

If you have any probs I will give you a hard copy of the letter I have from customs.

Happy chipping
Mog

that would be fantastic if i could grab that off you! I was also thinking about a mog but if i went for a Fastrac i could also rent it to the surrounding farms around me if work was ever slow!

How are all you guys for work? Been slow for months here but about to have a busy spell!

How come Thor got banned?

stumpy66 said:
Hey, Rolla, you still slow (work that is) or has it picked up..did you see anyone from bristol while you were at capel manor?

work seems to have slowed abit down here.....might get some time to get working on the stumpgrinding cooperative again...www.nationwide-stump-removal.co.uk.

Hows the 253....?

Nope no west country/Bristol boys at Capel,works picked up around here a little..

You off to Cirencester?

yes, its a good show, i hope i will see you there......
We should share a beer. infact lets have one each...or two each....
glad work has picked up for you...

I used carbide chain today on a very nasty stump ,now i'm not saying it was great but it did out last ordinary chain by 4-1,not bad imo.

What a lot of people fail to remember is carbide chain is still chainsaw chain at the end of the day.

I would recommend anyone going to buy carbide chain to buy two loops,on a dirty stone infested big stump like I had today, the chain lasted about an hour cutting,now it would have made my life a lot easier if I had another loop IE one more hour of cutting thats all I needed to get the big bugger down to size and start grinding,unfortunatly I had to re-sharpen some regular chain 4 times :blob2: ..

I'm also pretty certain i'll invest in a proper cutting wheel for sharpening this chain,i'm not paying £25 a pop for sharpening..;)

Last edited:
This thread has gone a bit quiet of late...i am damned if i am gonna be the last post (no pun) on the biggest, longest thread in history.....i need to know about carbide chain...is it worth it? has anyone used the chainsaws and chain that they use to cut concrete...?
:deadhorse:

Carbide chain is worth the money ,£70 for a 20'' chain ,if cutting dirty soiled gritty ,sandy wood then this chain is the tool ,it will last about 4 time a conventional chain on dirty wood.

Forgot to mention this chain is great on multi stemmed stumps you know the type that bring up huge bits of flint etc,you have to use it carefully don't fly in with it, cut around the edges until you meet the stones then pry them out.

Back