Broken cooling fins - problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, dayummm the book is still 100% correct like always,hehehe

It's good to be mentioned in Stihl's book. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like the time my picture was on the front of the suday paper. LOL

Mr. HE:cool:

That would've been appropriate.

JayC

Back story is there was some nasty business over a saw with broken fins. A search might still bring up the threads, but they are closed now and best to lay anyway.

Your question is legitimate and the range of feedback you will get should help you decide what the best course of action for your saw is.

Any chance we can get pictures? We are whores for pictures.:cheers:

It's good to be mentioned in Stihl's book. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like the time my picture was on the front of the suday paper. LOL

Well considering you sit and peck at a computer instead of being the PNW tree cutter than you aren't a few missing fins shouldn't bother you at all, hell your saws rarely run at all do they or do you carry a laptop in the woods and saw with one hand and type with the other,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well considering you sit and peck at a computer instead of being the PNW tree cutter than you aren't a few missing fins shouldn't bother you at all, hell your saws rarely run at all do they or do you carry a laptop in the woods and saw with one hand and type with the other,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

LOL Yeah, the cutting work has been a little sparse lately. Lets me spend time making millions for feebay here at my computer selling Stihl parts. Hhaahhhahahah!

LOL Yeah, the cutting work has been a little sparse lately. Lets me spend time making millions for feebay here at my computer selling Stihl parts. Hhaahhhahahah!

Well you keep at it, I know you have to eat. Making millions are ya, rightttttttttttttttttt, thanks for the giggle,hehe

surprised how restrained this thread is...
anybody thing this is being watched?

Well I was looking at it and never said a word till I was named. I think there may be some lingering broken hearts that wanna get broken again, you know how those love affairs are,LOL

I think a squeaky-clean jug with a few broken fins will cool much better than the all-too-typical fully intact jug with fins clogged with sawdust and gooey black crud.

Well you keep at it, I know you have to eat. Making millions are ya, rightttttttttttttttttt, thanks for the giggle,hehe

Yeah, the joke is on me, but on you too since I said I was making millions for Ebay, not for me. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, the joke is on me, but on you too since I said I was making millions for Ebay, not for me. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well you keepem in business man, I'm sure they appreciate those millions. Hell to show ya I'm a good guy tell ya what, if you sell off all your parts and you need parts, parts that are intact mind you, no broken stuff, you let me know, I got several billion worth at my disposal, least I can do for a friend that makes me grin so much,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Easy now, no need to rehash old arguments. Just remember when old Bernie Madoff got caught he still had those that loved him. Some say the nation mourned when Bonnie and Clyde got killed, even made a movie about them but they were still bank robbers,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

When I get a new saw I bust off all them fins. They just cause wind resistance and make the saw work harder.

That knot just got tighter

Nope according to the book it says one line, 13, Only a dumbazz like you would would believe those fins are just put on there for looks, my my, the book has you pegged pretty good huh,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!:greenchainsaw:

Easy now, no need to rehash old arguments. Just remember when old Bernie Madoff got caught he still had those that loved him. Some say the nation mourned when Bonnie and Clyde got killed, even made a movie about them but they were still bank robbers,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
exactly!:clap:

OK.

I gotta know.

I haven't asked to date because I didn't want to stir up that can of worms, but...

...at the risk of causing a thread-closing poo storm...

...was the Snellerized cylinder with 2 broken fins sold in the trading post this week the cylinder?

Back