Brothers,,you have to love 'EM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing.....to put things into perspective...my brother was 16 and I was 14.We were grouse hunting. He had several friends up from the cities hunting with us.
At the road by the car we unloaded,only when one of his friends unloaded the shotgun went off at close range.My brother took the load in the heart.

Looking back there was nothing that could have prevented the accident outside of this guy being a bit safer with his gun.
I think of my brother often and even after 34 years I still wish we had not gone that terrible day.

To be able to have the kind of relationship you have with your brother is something I sorely miss.If all it meant that you had to replace the chain....how lucky you are!

I'm very sorry for your loss thirty-four years ago, but very thankful that you took the time to share it with us. It gives the proper perspective about how petty differences don't mean anything compared to the love of family. If we can remember that, we'll be much better off.

Keith:
So sorry about the loss of your brother. I have 2 myself and we have been working together in the same business for 10 years. How do you cope with the loss when your that close?
I couldn't even comprehend the loss of either one of them. They are my best friends and people ask us all the time how we work together and get along so well. Blood is definately thicker than water as the saying goes and ya just gotta love and take care of your family. God Bless ya. You will see him again oneday. What a great reunion that will be.

Keith:
How do you cope with the loss when your that close?

I almost didn't make it...some don't like my dad. I can only think that by God's grace I survived. No human power could have saved me.
There is this thing where a guy will ask God for a sign when he's hurting so that he knows God is there. Well not long ago I was chosen to get that sign.
I was saved and for a reason...Not many get this sign...so why me?
I'm nobody special. I was a crook,I was not trusted even in my own family.
I lied to everyone around me including myself.
I drank like a fish and did just about any drug I could find. I hated my life.
It was a nasty circle...merry go round... only it was not a fun ride.
I could go on and on but the thing it all boils down to was I had been on a path of destruction and anything or anyone that got in my way was doomed.
When I finally acomplished the task of killing myself due to a OD I was saved.

Why??????
I guess God's gotta a plan for me...I do not know what it is ,but I do know what it isn't!
The Holy Spirit works through me if I let Him!

How do you cope....find your Higher Power.

I almost didn't make it...some don't like my dad. I can only think that by God's grace I survived. No human power could have saved me.
There is this thing where a guy will ask God for a sign when he's hurting so that he knows God is there. Well not long ago I was chosen to get that sign.
I was saved and for a reason...Not many get this sign...so why me?
I'm nobody special. I was a crook,I was not trusted even in my own family.
I lied to everyone around me including myself.
I drank like a fish and did just about any drug I could find. I hated my life.
It was a nasty circle...merry go round... only it was not a fun ride.
I could go on and on but the thing it all boils down to was I had been on a path of destruction and anything or anyone that got in my way was doomed.
When I finally acomplished the task of killing myself due to a OD I was saved.

Why??????
I guess God's gotta a plan for me...I do not know what it is ,but I do know what it isn't!
The Holy Spirit works through me if I let Him!

How do you cope....find your Higher Power.

Good for you, brother! Another triumph that comes from the ashes caused by destruction of man. Well said.

Here's a new twist on the serenity prayer....

God,Grant me the serenity ,
To except the people I can not change,
The courage to change the one I can,
And the wisdom to know it's me!

....this program I work is simple....when God is at the helm.
Every morning I pray for His power to help guide me ...
at the end of the day I thank Him for providing it.
It's amazing how easily the day flows when all I am responsible for is the effort...no longer being responsible for the outcome.

I know that I could remain silent about my past ,but who would that serve?
I believe we as a society are here for each other.
Some may scoff...point fingers...send blame...in the end we are accountable to each other , to ourselves and to our Maker.
My story ...if it helps others will be told...for the Holy Spirit works through us all...you can believe that...I am proof!

Miracles can & do happen everyday...just look around...you'll see them happen to you.

Last edited:
lol sometimes you just got to shake your head at your brothers. Funny, the same thing that would cause you to grab anybody else by the throat just makes you say WTF were you thinking?? and shake your head. I have one brother that I would hate to ever borrow anything from. The other brother we go back and forth all the time borrowing stuff. He's sort of like the other brother story though (with the mower), where he's pretty presumptuous. It's pretty funny sometimes and never really bothered me because he's there any time I need him.

Keith i know how you feel,, i was saved alittle over a year ago and what a feeling that is... I know god turned you around,, when we are at our lowest which i feel god puts us there sometimes so there is only one way a person can look at that is up.. He is there for everyone here all you have to do is reach out to him... I did alot of drugs myself years ago but im not sure why i went there, I didnt have a story like you that i know for sure wouldve put down that road myself... I could not even imagine that day what everyone in that hunting party went through.. Yes god has a purpose for you and im sure if you have reached to one person in your life like telling this story then that could be it... God is amazing and im so proud of you of were you was at to were you are right now in your life,,,, remember we all go down in the valley but god picks us back up and brings us back up the hill,,,, Your story touched me and im sure others here and i thank you myself for sharing it.. I thank god everyday for even what hes down for me.. Bless you bro...

Back