brush cutter advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnDeereMan said:
I've used them both but prefer the sthil.:cool:
The saws difeinitly start well with the primer but thats first thing in the mronign afterward the saw usually starts right off , although the husky seemed to like the choke but that didn't ahve a primer anyway.
Also i never took off the gurard, but the usky seemed to always get sticks caught in it, not really a problem with the stihle, maybe the balde turnes slower on the husky? But tryen to pull the sticks out can somtimes cause more accidnets then the guards actually prevent. Especially with the husky, cause the throttle kinda sticks out from the top of the saw and your arm is contantly brushing against it trying tor emove sticks, not realy a prob with the stihle because the stihles throttle is loacted beneath the handle bar. :dizzy: :blob5:

I made an adapter that let's me put my used, 7 1/4" carbide skill saw blades on and man do they cut. Works great on "old Groth" scotch broom. I tried a hss blade, but it didn't work that well. I think it needs the larger kerf of the carbide tip.

I run a husky 240 r, you'll want to check which type of clutch the machine has. Mine came with a clip tyyp, after a few times of going to the dealer for fixing, I had the spring type put on. No more problems, its 4 yrs old and over 2 k hrs. I also run the carbide saws, just make sure they are solid blades. If they have the slits running towards the center, don't use them. They will break off. I'm glad I was wearing my chaps, still had a wicked b&b.
Ed

Back