Brush Cutters / Clearing Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But certainly looks the part of wicked… total brush destruction!!

Just found a FS 240 (2 cycle) not too far away. Will run w it. Thank you all for your advice!! Pics in use soon!!

I use a Renegade on an FS110 with handlebars .
I like it since I don't have to switch blades to go from grass to autumn olive and berry vines.
Can't sharpen them though, probably be a beast with the larger brush cutters.

I have done about a mile of trail and and acre of high brush. Use a pole saw to whittle down the overhead branches and reach into some of the thicker stuff.

Preparing the area to maintain with a flail, so rock removal and stump marking.

I use a Renegade on an FS110 with handlebars .
I like it since I don't have to switch blades to go from grass to autumn olive and berry vines.
Can't sharpen them though, probably be a beast with the larger brush cutters.

I have done about a mile of trail and and acre of high brush. Use a pole saw to whittle down the overhead branches and reach into some of the thicker stuff.

Preparing the area to maintain with a flail, so rock removal and stump marking.
Thanks. Much positive on the web about that brand….what diameter do you run on the 110?

Thanks. Much positive on the web about that brand….what diameter do you run on the 110?
The FS110 is pretty small, so the 8". My old brushcutter could take a 10" blade, but that was quite a few pounds heavier and worn out.
The difference in blade sizes is noticeable, but the old brushcutter would vibrate me to numbness. So that is important if you are going to live with it more than a few hours a day. The 110 vibrates less, but it's still noticeable.

a 240 will handel a 12in 3mil mulcher/shreader, you do not need a Stihl brand, ... in the shops i use , its Archer brand , 3mil and 4mil thick, 8,10,12 inchs long. basicly its a awesome mower, it will trim grass like lawn mower if you have Brush bars and a harness... it will blast thru brambles it will bend ding and get wayout of wack/balance when you hit harder stuff. i have a dozen or more in various states of ... true.
Carry files with my fuel, Only use 'handlebars", have a few different harnesses, my fire back has been augmented to use all my trimmers and carry a small T-handle saw.
R is for residential, only have one R straight trimmer, its a Kombi..... its for sale. If I need a "R" its a curved shaft.

I would only use a shredder blade on a clearing saw, because gearhead and gear drive from the clutch down to the gearhead are stronger than on the brushcutters. It is also better on the clearing saws because of the stronger av system. Also use it only with bike handle machines, these blades can kick back really hard. Don`t ask me how I know this.😆

I would only use a shredder blade on a clearing saw, because gearhead and gear drive from the clutch down to the gearhead are stronger than on the brushcutters. It is also better on the clearing saws because of the stronger av system. Also use it only with bike handle machines, these blades can kick back really hard. Don`t ask me how I know this.😆
Your right about the geared as I broke the one on my 250r. I was using the heavier Oregon blade where the lighter Winsor blade had no issues. I had no problems when it would kick back, the barrier bar worked well, but maybe I was lucky. I did like the non-harness maneuverability of the "R" version.

Back