Brush Remaoval Rate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maloufstree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wanted to get other pros advice. Any input is appreciated greatly. I have recently bought a truck mounted Peterson TL3 loader with an 18 ft. dump bed for our debris removal. I live in a small town of approx. 4500 people. I was contacted today by our city council in regards to taking over our towns curbside brush pickup, which is done twice a year. All debris would be hauled to their dump site, which would be max 5 miles from the furthest city limit but most would be under 3 miles. I was guessing to charge by the load but not sure what to charge or if that was even the best way to bid it. Tough bid for me, I just don't know any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Craig

Don't short change your self, that's one thing i have to say. Around here a single axle dump truck runs about $60 an hour for comparison. That would be about $500 a day. Not TO bad for something you can do by your self and not be in a rush.

I don't know anything about your economy so ask others for numbers. As for how to charge, that is a different story. Hourly rate is safer, price per drop is potentially more profitable but also riskier if you get the numbers wrong. Is it possible to ask for both? Be upfront with the council. Tell them you want to do the best job possible but don't know exactly what people will leave out so you cant give them a precise number. 3 months at an hourly rate should give you enough knowledge to make a price per drop bid. Sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be. I have met some council employess that were humans. Really. Its true. I have photo's!

Thanks for the imput I'll talk to the city and see how they want me to bid it. Excuse my ignorance but how do you calculate how many yards the dump box would hold?

First and foremost figure out your costs. Acquisition cost, insurance, fuel, etc./ hrs. PM me for more info

Charge by the foot. Most line clearance bids are charged by the foot. I am not sure what, but you will earn the most money charging by the foot.

Remember too hook it up with some reputatio

Back