Buck stove help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen2504

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been reading on this site for a while now. Now I need some advice. I have been heating my house with propane for the last 3 years and it's been fine. My dad worked there so I was always able to get his discount so it worked out great for me. Now the company has changed policies and I can't get it as cheap anymore. I have a fireplace that has gas logs in it, that I want to replace with a wood burning unit.

I have access to a free Buck Model 27000 stove. Can anyone tell me a little about this stove? The chimney looks to be in good shape, and I have access to plenty of split wood. Just wanted to get opinions on the stove itself. The house will still have propane heat in other rooms so the wood stove will be supplement heat. House is about 1900 sq feet. But only about 1000 sq feet needs to be heated.

What kind of heat output can I expect? Burn times? anything else to look for on it? Should I be able heat all night on a single load?

Thanks in advance

I have the 28000 model in my home and I love it. These are very good stoves. I heat about 1500 sq feet with mine no problem. I don't even have to use the blower. As far as burning all night, that depends on a few different things. First is what type of wood you burn. If you burn a good hardwood, load up the stove fairly full, turn down the dampers, and do not use a grate you should have no problem with it lasting all night. Make sure you have the chimney inspected first, some chimneys for gas fireplaces aren't lined very well. That would be a priority.

Latest posts

Back