Bucket joystick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My bucket has small clearish tubes going to the joystick. Are they plastic air lines that actuate the lower controls? Are they fragile? Do they get brittle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Its a hi ranger linesman 2

Are they going to the saftey (dead man's) lever? The lever you have to squeeze before the upper controls are activated? They could be going to a fast idle, going to a engine kill switch...

No. There is a line for each control on the joystick. They go to the controls on the base of the boom. So when I swivel, I can see my joystick moves the lower control.

Those if I remember correct are low pressure, they should have a compression fitting at the joystick and lower boom. Mine became brittle. And would leak causing the upper controls to become slow... on mine their was a 7/16 bolt that you could bleed them located on the lower boom if you got air in them. And they were brittle and would brake in cold weather... I thought they had fluid in them. Air would cause problems...

That sounds right. Thanks! I was wondering why not run small rubber lines? I'm thinking I want to replace them.

I don't think rubber will transfer the pressure... that's why they are hard plastic. I could be wrong though. I was able to cut off the broken part. And you can splice them if you get to short...

Back