Bucket truck basket controls barely or not working

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Stumps

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all, My truck is a 97 asplund altec 60 foot. The small engine that runs the hydraulics normally runs at half throttle and worked fine. The last few days I had to turn the throttle all the way up and now it only turns and lowers barely. I can override to ground controls and it works fine. I now have to use an extra person to override for the full job. Expensive and not safe. Please guys any ideas what it can be? Thanks Barry

Wow never thought about that. I will give that a try. i would have thought that it either worked or didn't work at all if it was pushed. I will try it and let you know. Thanks

Yep the estop was partially pushed. The button is missing and the metal post is hard to see if its down. I assumed that it was a electrical button but now see that it is a hydraulic cut off. Thanks for the tip

Yep the estop was partially pushed. The button is missing and the metal post is hard to see if its down. I assumed that it was a electrical button but now see that it is a hydraulic cut off. Thanks for the tip

You had same problem last month.How do you forget that its there.:monkey:

Latest posts

Back