Bucket truck drifting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolestree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an altec Highranger 60' over center forestry truck the top boom drifts down. it seems to drift faster when the truck has been run for a while. I had the bottom cylinder rebuilt and it changed nothing. it drifts with upper and lower controls. any ideas or suggestions would help.

I have an altec Highranger 60' over center forestry truck the top boom drifts down. it seems to drift faster when the truck has been run for a while. I had the bottom cylinder rebuilt and it changed nothing. it drifts with upper and lower controls. any ideas or suggestions would help.
Call them in the Am ask to speak with a Tec. they would know what the cause is. Altec Highranger ? Highranger is made by Terex. Altec is different. Anyway call the manufacturer. Do a drift test with it off if it drifts I would say the lockout valve is not holding.

you mean shut the engine/pump off and see if it still drops? ill try that today.
Yes a couple feet off the boom rest WITHOUT anyone in it hit the control with the engine off see if it drifts DO not be in it! Best call the manufacturer first tell them what it is doing first before you do anything. Also that thing is not safe to use in that condition I would hate to be over power lines and have it drift down.
DYOD I am not a Aerial Lift repairman.

Back