Bucket truck problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyglynn

Reaction score
I just installed a am650 altec bed onto another truck , I purchased the bed used and it was in working order, bought a new pump for the pto on my truck with correct psi and pump orientation, hooked everything up as specified by the altec service manual, and nothing at all happens when I try to operate the bed, I've purged the system by the purge valve as suggested in the manual , and I get nothing, is there air in the system ? I've double checked every line ,

The first thing I would think about is the direction of oil flow,,
either the pump is hooked backward, or the pump rotation is backward.

When you look in a gear pump, the oil flows opposite of what you would initially think.

The easiest test is to crack the line out of the pto pump,, no flow,, something is backward.

I'm going to check that asap , it's a variable compensated pump , I definitely believe it's a pump issue , wonder if not could I fool the compensator to make it pump full pressure

What happens if by chance the pump shop accidently got the rotation wrong on my variable displacement compensated hyd pump ? And what's the best way to check for that

Latest posts

Back