Bucket truck rates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenWimpy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a bucket/chipper truck , 55 H Ranger. What should I charge by the hour? What should be my minimum fee? Daily fee?

Where can I buy some good used ground protection mats!?

Rates very alot depending on the area. Are you talking about renting your truck out, or what you should charge for doing tree work using your bucket truck?

I use (and alot of others as well) 3/4 in. plywood. They last about a year between driving on them and bombing stuff on them for about $16 a sheet.

Acquisition cost, fuel, repairs, registration, insurance,(not typical but I like to include the cost of buying a new machine...I.E. If I will get 15k hours out of this machine and a new one is $150k therefore you will need to include that $10 per hour to get to the $150k for the new machine.) There are some more do not recall them all divided by the anticipated hours that you will use it per year and then your got you hourly cost. An excellent book to give you better guidance on this is Jim Huston: How to Price Landscape and Irrigation Projects. Yeah seems off topic but the book teaches you how to cover your costs across the board. Jim also consults with tree companies, he is a great guy and knows his stuff about the industry, definitely something to look into.

Latest posts

Back