bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene martin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I did indeed find out when it was last dielectric inspected/ tested, and with the help of the OSHA web page a few other things i never knew. Still have to check with insurance company on yearlies but even if not required is a good idea, finally climbin without my safety ropes and gafts, 60 feet in air is last place I would want ot be in bucket "stranded" or worse. The truck is older and was owned by a township, and is in great shape from what I can see so far, keep posted when I find out more!

thankls all.:blob2:

gene, if you click on the "post reply" button, your thread will remain intact. You don't need to start a new thread for every reply.;)

I tell you what though.

Riding that SkyRanger up 72 feet then having to climb out and up while someone let her down and drove her away leaving me alone and 40 more feet to go sure made me miss her.

It's one of those "don't look down" things.

It's also easy to get spoiled. When your all crewed-up and heading out from the shop only knowing where you're going is a "big ass job with lots of pines" and your the only climber and the bucket's going somewhere else that day......

But then.....

It's late afternoon, you got it all done, arms are so sore you taste blood and the place is all picked-up and everyone piles in and the drive home stops by to get some cold brews and back at the shop you look around and the crew's laughing, dirt tired, nobody got hurt, and....life IS good.

Good luck with your bucket, cut well, be safe, and have fun (Oh, make sure you use hydraulic oil instead of transmission oil and keep the filters clean).

Back