"BuckGrab" flipine adjuster from Buckingham

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprung22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got it in the mail last week and am wondering if anyone tried it?Pro's,Con's what do you think about it?I have yet to try it out.

It's this adjuster?

asc155-500.gif

It looks like a standard flip line adjuster with a new twist, a half twist in the cam. IMO that's a good idea to keep the thing oriented in the right direction. Personally I'm no longer a fan of one way mechanical adjusters since they cannot be released under load. The one exception to that would be the A.R.T. Positioner which works more like a prusik and can be released under load.

It's this adjuster?

asc155-500.gif

It looks like a standard flip line adjuster with a new twist, a half twist in the cam. IMO that's a good idea to keep the thing oriented in the right direction. Personally I'm no longer a fan of one way mechanical adjusters since they cannot be released under load. The one exception to that would be the A.R.T. Positioner which works more like a prusik and can be released under load.

I used it today and like it better than a typical flipline adjuster but im in agreement with you about not being able to release it under load.What kind of setup do you use for your flipline?

I've been using both prusiks and a similar cammed adjuster. I recently ordered an A.R.T. Positioner but haven't received it yet. I like that an adjuster is compact and doesn't lock up like a prusik but the part about not releasing under load I find bothersome so that's why I'm going to try out the A.R.T. The A.R.T. is much more expensive however.

Get 30" of Beeline or some other tress cord and a micropulley for slack adjustment. Then try out a VT, Distel, Schwabish, or some other friction hitch on your lanyard instead of a mechanical device.

Lighter and cheaper, I prefer it to the mechanical devices.

Last edited:
Thank's for the input fella's i'm gonna try those out as well

Get 30" of Beeline or some other tress cord and a micropulley for slack adjustment. Then try out a VT, Distel, Schwabish, or some other friction hitch on your lanyard instead of a mechanical device.

Lighter and cheaper, I prefer it to the mechanical devices.

i use 3/8 tenex tied into regular 4 wrap prussik

That old 4-wrap prussic is why I went to a mechanical lanyard adjuster. I think it grabs too well, and I don't think it would budge at all if you put a self tending micro pulley on it.

it works fine for me if you load it good you might want to 'break" it to move, i use a keychain caribiner as my slack tender and it works well

Well sure. You guys are 1/2 way to new school using 3/8" tenex, and I was formerly 100% old school.

That 4 wrap prussic loop on a lanyard does NOT slip real easy when you do it in a 1/2" 3 twisted strand rope on a 1/2" stable braid. It was even worse if you happened to put it on a 3-strand rope.

Well sure. You guys are 1/2 way to new school using 3/8" tenex, and I was formerly 100% old school.

That 4 wrap prussic loop on a lanyard does NOT slip real easy when you do it in a 1/2" 3 twisted strand rope on a 1/2" stable braid. It was even worse if you happened to put it on a 3-strand rope.

There may be better cord to use than 3/8" tenex but I use it on a 6' length of safety blue and it slides just fine.

When I said "1/2 way to new-school", I was referring to the use of the four loop prussic, rather than one of the newer friction hitches. I don't have any of that Tenex, but if you like it, then that is good enough for me.

I refuse to criticize someone for something that works, just because I don't do it that way. For all I know, your way is even better.

When I said "1/2 way to new-school", I was referring to the use of the four loop prussic, rather than one of the newer friction hitches. I don't have any of that Tenex, but if you like it, then that is good enough for me.

I refuse to criticize someone for something that works, just because I don't do it that way. For all I know, your way is even better.

i really like using the ol skool prussic on my flip line nice short compact reliable i climb on the vt now and i didnt like it on my flipline

Back