Bucking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishhuntcutwood said:
No apologies needed! Of course we're OK. :cheers:

I'll keep the sarcasm on a leash after all of this...:hmm3grin2orange:

Jeff

Glad we can work this out like friends would.

I guess I could have handled this differently on my end also, now that i have a better understanding of where your coming from Ill surely look at things differently.

I didnt mean to insinuate you were whining. if there is onething in this thread I regret its using that smiley. I had a different meaning in mind but you had no way of knowing that. ((tears from the fumes)) My fault.

Jeff I kind of enjoy a little sarcasim when applied well, it shows spark and life. You can be sarcastic twords me all you want from now on, I wont get offended.

Thanks for working with me here, It wont go unapreciated.

And Cord, I dont know how many people will get that but I thought it was a good one.

Last edited:
manual said:
and just what is a bucking "noob"?

Bucking Noob (bu-king newb) 1. n. Someone who is new to a world wide web discussion forum and is in the process of cutting a felled tree into logs. origin: from the latin word buckus nubinal

HickoryNick said:
Stayun put up here in tha mountains. Ma don't let me out much. She says I scare people.

I luvs da way that man types, reminds me of someone, who, ME,lol

RaisedByWolves said:
Glad we can work this out like friends would.

Absolutely! The internet and solely written communication are breeding grounds for misunderstandings and mix-ups, which is what we had here.

I'm more than happy all is well and we're cool from here on out. :cheers:

Have a good weekend.

Jeff

(Hey Andy, guess what! I'm at work on AS!!! :rock: )

HickoryNick said:
I'm fluent in hick. Borned and raised on it. Wouldn't want it any diffrent neither.

Thats alright my man, I'm a ole farm boy myself and I sorta likes the way us ole hicks talk. Some find us a mights hard to understand at times but to them I say ya gotta listen alittle closer,lol.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Can't you just feel the love in the air?
(I am going to burn for this one)
Andy:help:

THALL10326 said:
Thats alright my man, I'm a ole farm boy myself and I sorta likes the way us ole hicks talk. Some find us a mights hard to understand at times but to them I say ya gotta listen alittle closer,lol.
THALL,your post should be like this:

Thets alright mah man, ah's a ole farm fella mahse'f an' ah so'ta likes th' way us ole hicks talk. Shet mah mouth! Some find us a mights hard t'unnerstan' at times but t'them ah say ya gotta lissen ali'l closer,lol, ah reckon.

To FISHHUNTCUTWOOD

I would like to close this post by adding my final reply here and a request to the powers at AS that this post be removed and not even stored on file - to stop it coming up when someone does a search on "bucking".
Firstly, my apologies to you FHCW, I didn't mean to stir up such a hornet's nest with my original reply. I should have just sent it to you privately. I was not attacking you personally, I just detected in your reply the same sarcasm you detected in mine.
I do appreciate the search you did for me and for putting the links in your reply. I hope my response hasn't permanantly put you off helping someone else new, but from what I have read in you various replies in this post here and the comments others have written about you I' m sure you will in fact "use your precious time to help out a noob in the future", as that seems to be the kind of guy you are.
You are partially correct, I do have a bit of noob fever. I knew about the search funtion and have used it before but was dying to become more involved after sitting and reading all the other posts for months and months, but I didn't have anything great, deeply woody or super technical to say or ask as my experience in all things wood is very basic and new. I knew it was probably a stupid question to ask but was expecting people like yourself, long serving 'older Wood', to do exactly what you said you should have done ie just ignore the post for what you knew it was; a trigger-happy ( or should that be keyboard-happy) over-excited junior member. But again it is a testimony to the kind of guy you must be, you did answer it and did go as far as doing a search and adding the links. And if I was in your shoes I probably would have added the sarcasm as well, it's just that when it is directed at ones-self.....I guess it just goes to show how many people do read and reply to dumb quetions, although it was a genuine inquiry, I wasn't asking something I already knew just for the sake of asking.
Yes I am new, not only to this site but to this kind of online discussion forum and also to things 'wood', and it is exciting to be part of it simply being new. I am sure that after a few more posts it will have worn off a bit.
As to the search function problems; yes I have experienced them, with it working sometimes and sometimes not but it's no big deal to me, I just try again later.
Finally again FHCW, my apologies. I should have just left your reply alone rather than take the chance of creating animosity. I hope my request for the dumping of this post is granted.
Kiwi cutter

Last edited:
bucking

All this and nobody mentioned GB Bars slogan, Best BUCKING BAR in the Buisness. I say leave it up till we hear from the guys at GB BARS, someone down there has to know what bucking is after all they claim they have the best bars for it. The kangaroo is a nice touch on the coffee mugs. Some of my saws even wear their bars. :hmm3grin2orange:
Kiwi, don't back out now, your nearly done with the skin thickness test, given to most all noobs. You pass this and the troll test and you belong here with the guys that run chainsaws. It only hurts a little, then you get over it.:cheers:

Finally its over, I worked as a bucker for a little while recently, no big deal. I partially remember an old song/poem from way back, some old loggers thing "I'm a bucker, I'm a trucker, I'm the meanest mother f------" can't remember the rest.

To Kiwi Cutter

Kiwi, no need for apologies mate. You were standing up for yourself in the face of perceived rudeness on my part. As I mentioned earlier in this thread to Raised by Wolves, there is so much lost in purely written communication and cyber space itself. You couldn't see the little smirk on my face when I wrote that first post. Rather, my words "sounded" like they came from a scowl and gruff disapproval. Not so. I've been here long enough to forget what it's like to be a new guy showing up and simply wanting acceptance and receiving sarcasm instead. I surely didn't mean to make you feel defensive. Alot of guys here made me feel welcome when I first started, and they're the reason I'm still here...

I didn't make you feel welcome. Hopefully I can do that now. I hope you hang around and post, learn, contribute, and become part of the gang here. We'd love to have you.

And I for one hope this thread stays up for all to see. It takes alot for a new guy to 1) stand up for himself like you did, and 2) post a lengthy, well spoken statement explaining himself and extending the olive branch. Good on you.

Like Raised by Wolves and myself, I'm glad we're moving past this and can look forward to being cool with each other and can share ideas and info like we're supposed to!

Take care mate. Again, welcome to AS. :cheers:

Jeff

Thanks FHCW

Thanks FHCW. I am definately happy to move on from here and am sincerely glad it has all turned out ok. You probably won't see me posting much for a while, not because I have " spat the pacifier out of the cradle" but because as I said previously I really don't have too much to contribute because of lack of knowledge and experience but I will certainly be around reading and thrashing that search button. Got to go, my wife's waters have just broken!

a changing world

I don't know abourt you Kiwi. But I am a "noob" and if I have a question. I'm going to ask away. Things change all the time. And as a flight Mechanic that travels all over the World. societies are different.
Never give up learning.

Latest posts

Back