Buckingham Service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I wrote Buckingham to ask if they would take my saddle in for modifications while I was at TCI.
It would give me an opportunity to explain the changes I wanted them to make on the saddle, they could take it back and complete the work then ship it back to me.
Unfortunately they failed to respond and I was wondering if it was simple ignorance on their part or perhaps I should be communicating with a certain department?
Does anyone have a contact for a decent service rep at Buckingham?

back in the saddle... again

alot of companies do not take email as a high priority. for a fast response try the phone. i constantly have questions about mountaineering gear from small niche companies. they are usually slow in responding to emails. the phone is the only way to get the answer and advice needed.

I seriousely doubt they will do anything for you. They seem to be real liablity sensative.

Maybe try an equestrian tack outfit. They should have the equipment to do the work.

I`ll phone them, I just wanted an extra grommet in my belt and I wanted to ask if it was possible to remove the stitching and change the small D`s for large D`s.

JPS's suggestion to check with a local tack shop is a good one. Years ago when the LEATHER buckle assy on my first pair of (pawn shop) gaffs broke, I took it to a tack shop and they made me a new buckle assy in about 10 minutes. Reasonable rates, too.

God looks out for fools, drunks and tree men. I finally wised up and replaced all my straps on my gaffs about 6 months later with the synthetic stuff used these days.
I also climbed and removed my first big oak tree without a lifeline because I didn't know how to tie a tautline hitch. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Dang, He certainly was looking out for me! :angel:

If I am not mistaken I think my straps have metal wire in them.
Seems to me I buggered up a good leather cutting tool trimming the end on one of those straps. :rolleyes:

i have no use for the pinnacle and would sell it cheap if you fit a small. i ordered for a guy that worked for me. then i took it back when i canned his a_s. the small would never fit me.

Thanks for the offer but I bought the bosun and the leg straps with this saddle so I could interchange them.
I like this saddle but I just wanted to tweak it a bit to suit me.

Originally posted by John Paul Sanborn
I seriousely doubt they will do anything for you. They seem to be real liablity sensative.

Maybe try an equestrian tack outfit. They should have the equipment to do the work.

Might I also suggest a USPA qualified parachute rigger might be able to help you out. Check in the yellow pages under parachute and you should find one, or a DZ that can steer you in the right direction. They are used to working with harnesses, which are similar to saddles in basic construction.

Sorry Kevin, I did not really pay attention to who started the thread-in your case CSPA qualified. If you need some help finding one email or pm me and I will see what I can do for you given your location is simply "Ontario".

Just received an email from Robin Cushner,
Sales & Marketing Associate with Buckingham.
They are willing to answer any questions I may have, I thought they might be above dealing with individual customers but they aren`t.
My electronic message must have got lost somewhere but I have a direct contact now.
Thanks to all.

Originally posted by John Paul Sanborn
Hey Brian, would you fit a small saddle?

I'm a 31" waist, but I don't like the Buckingham saddles. Too floppy, only one layer of webbing on the D-rings, the main reinforcing webbing around the waist isn't attached to the rest of the belt, they don't fit me well, etc. etc. etc.

I just picked up a new KK 10 days ago. If I change to a different saddle, I would have to try it before I bought it. As long as it isn't a Buckingham.

Back