Buckinghams new Pro series saddles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,
If you have the catalogue, the Arbormaster Pro series saddles are on page 9.
Shows complete saddles from $269 to $346 depending on how you set it up.

Immediate help needed! What is the difference between the arbormaster pro series and the regular arbormaster series? I went to Vermeer today and apparently bought a regular Versatile saddle with the Bosun seat for $238. Lookin at that link and what I tried on was the Arbormaster Pro series. Difference in price of about $100. What do you guys think?

Just to clear this up a bit...

First, check out the link that Tim posted to our saddle page; there's plenty of details there. http://www.wtsherrill.com/SHTML/sad.shtml

Second, the make a complete saddle, you buy a) a waist belt, and b) a bottom (Master, Versatile). It is the bottoms that I think are misunderstood. You can buy a Master bottom with leg straps or with bosun seat. Same goes for the Versatile.

Hope that helps.
-Sean

I have a problem trying on a saddle because of low stocking of different models in size XL at most shows and showrooms. I just got a mail order Pro Versatile Batten series saddle that doesn't fit like any other saddle. The ability to switch out uppers and lowers seems to have caused unresolved fitting problems.

The Pro hip belt doesn't come around to the sides very far. It doesn't provide any padding under the belt at the front of the pelvis at all. This leaves the side dees directly to the side, which is farther to the rear than I'm used to. Most saddles position the side dees slightly to the front. All the tool attachments are placed at the back of the saddle, out of sight, and almost out of reach.

It almost seems like this is a size Large belt, but is stamped with my size, XL. The numbers checked out. Yet the belt, which goes thru a friction buckle, has a foot of extra tail, good for some mythical climber with a 50" waist.

Here's a pic, which doesn't show much. http://www.wtsherrill.com/images/2002/products/saddles/ProSeriesMastFront.jpg

Now compare this pic of the Traverse, which shows the hip belt coming around well to the front, and padding the front of the pelvis. I believe this saddle would work for me, but have never actually tried one on in my size. They seem to run large. I'd like to hear comments about the fit of this saddle. I'm built top heavy, and need support high on the body, otherwise, I tip upside down. http://www.wtsherrill.com/images/2002/products/saddles/Traverse1.jpg

Another odd fitting feature of this Pro Versatile Batten saddle is the short length of the crotch straps. Even at maximum extension they are adjusted so that the saddle is pulled down below the waist, onto the side of the hips. At this maximum extended position, the strap keepers interfere with the buckles, making the saddle difficult to put on and take off. This low rise could be fixed by lengthening these straps. The buckles would still be located in the crotch, however. Anyplace else would be better.

The other anomaly on this saddle is the excess length of the two straps which attach the lower unit to both sides of the upper unit hip belt. Again, there is a foot long length of extra nylon belt strap that must be bundled up in keepers on each side of the saddle.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have the old style grommet strap on my new Pro harness, they must have made a change after I bought mine.
I seem to be between sizes but the belt fits ok and I find it very comfortable, it just needed an extra keeper.
I don`t mind the D ring placement but securing them to the saddle so they couldn`t flop back against the saddle would be a huge improvement.
The leg straps are all the same size on the bosun regardless of size ordered, unless they change that.
If I had larger D`s that didn`t flop around I would be happier.
Does anyone know if Buckingham will make alterations to their saddles?

Latest posts

Back