Budget friendly bar for husqvarna 365special and stihl 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeclipse

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to see if there are budget friendly bars for a 20” husqvarna 365 special and a 25” stihl 460. I am not a logger nor do I cut firewood. I use these saws only to cut up tree which have fallen on my property. I’d say maybe 1-2 trees a year so I do not need the best of the best for these occasional uses. Are their bars out there I can look at or am I stuck buying the crazy expensive factory bars? Thanks!

If you have an ebay acct. search for "Husqvarna 365 special 20" Bar" there were bars only from $25.69 for a Holzforma 3/8 Pitch .058 Gauge shipped

And a forester 20" Bar and Chain combo 3/8 pitch .050 gauge for about $43.00 shipped

Where ever you buy your bar and chains make sure they are the same Pitch and gauge.

The wrong pitch will tear up either the chain drive links, or your drive and nose sprockets, or all of them.

The wrong gauge will give you trouble as well. most sprockets aren't gauge specific, but your bar and chain gauges need to match. A chain with too large of gauge for the bar, the drive links wont fit into the bar groove, and too small of a chain gauge, will be loose and sloppy in the bar groove and wont cut straight with the chain flopping from side to side in the groove.

Doug :cheers:

Forester bars are fine for what they are. I have a couple Oregon power match bars that have held up well, the rails are a bit soft,but the tips are top notch. The last GB bars I had were quite poor in quality, which is a shame they used to be top notch.

I have a woodland pro bar on my jonsered and have never had any issues with it, and it was pretty cheap too. baileys sells them for pretty much every saw

Latest posts

Back