Building a new shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally started building my new shop. I am using a mix of wood I have milled and wood that I am getting from the Amish. I am building this first section to put all of my tools into out of the old shop so that I can tear the old one down, the new one will be sitting right over it. That last pic is how it looked last night, today I didn't get a lot of time to work on it but I was able to get half of the joists for the loft space put in. The building is a post and beam structure 16' x 24' with a loft the entire length of it. It is coming along nicely this weekend and I am very happy with the cottonwood I have been milling for a lot of this (along with some spruce), they have been all quartersawn logs I have been cutting out of. The results have been pretty good.
0506121636.jpg
0512121246.jpg
0512122029.jpg

Hats off to ya bro! Bout' time ya hillbilly. Life is shorter than them youngin's think Keep us posted and PM me if you need anything.

Hats off to ya bro! Bout' time ya hillbilly. Life is shorter than them youngin's think Keep us posted and PM me if you need anything.

I appreciate it the offer. You never know what the future holds. I need room for my woodworking pretty badly along with a way to keep the saws separate from the wood working, that's where the loft comes into play. I also have a huge air compressor I took out of a place at work that I have to put two single phase motors on that will go in the loft and run all my shop air. That will be a nice addition to the place, I like air tools quite a bit and with HF 20 minutes away there is no shortage of the odd ball but handy pieces that they carry. I plan to get a couple of air drills from there along with some air sanders. I love tools, can't get enough of them.

Got home and milled a spruce log from a spruce I cut down yesterday for more 2x8's to finish the first sectio of loft framing. Used my new to me tri-pod winch to get the log from the truck to the mill. It worked out pretty good.
0514121541.jpg

Latest posts

Back