Built a table for the splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Blazin it's been almost 4 years you could of atleast throwed a empty paint can at it so it would get a spot or two.:laugh:

log lift

I really am idolizing that log lift! Did you post anything when you built it? I need some details on it cause I am going to start fabin one this week now that I have seen yours. I am always afraid that the cylinder would just want to push away from the pivot point and go too high or low. Need specs on the cylinder and how high off the ground to mount it.
Any help would be welcome.
BTW I built a table and found that when mounted about even with the wedge it seems to catch on nubs and stuff. Should make it long and start it 10 or 12 inches in front of wedge, working end.

Thanks Jim:yoyo:

A required prerequisite… normally, when I’m finished, I also spend a little time circling (with beer) just admiring my work.

Alot of that went on before, during, and after, it's a ritual here also :D

Dang Blazin it's been almost 4 years you could of atleast throwed a empty paint can at it so it would get a spot or two.:laugh:

I be afraid to use it and scratch the paint then :laugh:

I really am idolizing that log lift! Did you post anything when you built it? I need some details on it cause I am going to start fabin one this week now that I have seen yours. I am always afraid that the cylinder would just want to push away from the pivot point and go too high or low. Need specs on the cylinder and how high off the ground to mount it.
Any help would be welcome.
BTW I built a table and found that when mounted about even with the wedge it seems to catch on nubs and stuff. Should make it long and start it 10 or 12 inches in front of wedge, working end.

Thanks Jim:yoyo:

Here's the thread, If you need anymore info I can help you with shoot me a PM!
http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/62065.htm

Blazin,thats a very nice splitter you have there,very heavy duty,if you dont mind me asking,i looked in the other thread first,but did not see it,What kind of cycle time do you have?you done a very nice job with this splitter!

Blazin,thats a very nice splitter you have there,very heavy duty,if you dont mind me asking,i looked in the other thread first,but did not see it,What kind of cycle time do you have?you done a very nice job with this splitter!

The cycle time is right around 12 seconds if I remember correctly, I had intentions of moving up a 22gpm pump but the way it is now it has no problem keeping 2 people busy, especially with the 4 way :msp_smile:

Well with a little encouragement from Blazin I started fabin up a log lift for my Northern H, splitter. Kinda of spur of the moment today but got a couple chunks laying around the shop welded to the beam. Il'l Try to post a pic ? and updat later.

218128d1326854601-log-lift-1-003-jpg

218129d1326854603-log-lift-1-002-jpg

218130d1326854607-log-lift-1-001-jpg

You got an awesome start there, Nice welds! :msp_thumbup:

Here is a log table for those who just do home heat work and are cheap!
After splitting all ready to haul to the rack up by the house.
Those homemade ones look great!

Good setup :)

I've been experimenting with splitting it right into the trailer. That works very well with a fixed wedge splitter that can overhang the trailer.

Yesterday I cobbled up a wooden table (4'x4') out of scrap lumber. Wow! What an improvement, not having to bend all the way over to pick the splits back off of the ground.

As for your setup, it works better if you get the truck closer to the splitter :) I had a good setup today, I backed the Kubota RTV hauler right up to the splitter, and had the outfeed table about two feet from the stack. I didn't have to bend over for anything, it was all at knee or waist level.

I do wish I could weld and make a nice table attached to the splitter.

Ken

"As for your setup, it works better if you get the truck closer to the splitter"

I hear ya Ken, but I got a 20' log rack about two steps from the splitter. So, first I load it up with what is going to be split then have at it. This is a very little bend zone. Golf cart works great for towing that 4X6 trailer up to the house. I ain't running no race around here as I have been working on that one load in the truck going on two weeks now. Just as long as there is enough wood for the day's burn then life is good! I am reading a book on being organized...I wonder if it will work?:laugh:

Those homemade ones look great!

Hey good thinkin! :msp_thumbup: The book is working! :hmm3grin2orange:

Back