Built Rite model 24hpws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never used one, but i had to look it up. looks like a tough log splitter:

32.jpg

http://www.built-rite.com/app/inven...rs/inventory_view/2-0-1-3.html.php#view_image

Warning - off topic

Mark, what do you think of your 441 vs the 046 and have you run a newer 460 to compare to your 441?

That looks like a really cool splitter. But lets be honest would you really want to spend $70 plus to fill the gas take on your log splitter. I'm sure it works great but that is a lot of coin. I would like to use one just to see what a 10k dollar splitter works like.

Scott

That looks like a really cool splitter. But lets be honest would you really want to spend $70 plus to fill the gas take on your log splitter. I'm sure it works great but that is a lot of coin. I would like to use one just to see what a 10k dollar splitter works like.
It may cost alot to fill the tank but that diesel will be surprisingly thrifty to operate. You'll split several cords on a tank that size. In fact I would say you'll split more than several. My tractor (60hp)has a 16gal tank and it seems to be as thrifty as a 5.5Briggs as long as its loafing on the job. That model specs talks the same talk I talk about the benefits of single stage.

It may cost alot to fill the tank but that diesel will be surprisingly thrifty to operate. You'll split several cords on a tank that size. In fact I would say you'll split more than several. My tractor (60hp)has a 16gal tank and it seems to be as thrifty as a 5.5Briggs as long as its loafing on the job. That model specs talks the same talk I talk about the benefits of single stage.

Why single stage? Faster I'm sure, but I sort of like the "downshifting" effect of the 2 stagers. Imagine your right about the fuel economy of a loafing diesel but it seems like overkill to me? 24hp (and 10 grand) for a purpose built splitter for home firewood? Maybe he is selling firewood, but in case I'd buy a processor for that kind of dosh. My 5hp 4"cyl 11gpm 2 stage pump is pretty frugal and cost less than a grand 5 or 6 years ago. Still running strong with just oil changes (both motor and hydraulic) for maintanence. Might break down and throw a new plug in her this fall! :cheers:

I agree 10K is alot for home use. Seems though many don't mind 4-6K which is still pricey.

Home use at 30-35 cords a year! The Built-Rite was purchased because it can lift the larger wood and split it into multiple sections, thus saving the back/arms for other heavy lifting(remote, pillows, rolling rock...).

I agree...a bit pricey. But they shipped it intact(assembled), so price included shipping to the shop door.

Home use at 30-35 cords a year!
That don't sound like home use to me. A heavy yr for me is about 4 cords normal about 3. I don't even have the time to gather and split 35 cords a year.

That don't sound like home use to me. A heavy yr for me is about 4 cords normal about 3. I don't even have the time to gather and split 35 cords a year.

Home use...log cabin w/wood fired furnace + two vermont stoves...30-35 cords a year. Temp set at 68-69 degrees.

Wood comes from an arborist. If you keep on it on a regular basis, cutting & splitting & stacking it's doable. If you wait til the last moment then you're burning green wood(like last year):cry:

Not my place. I just help out...cutting mostly. It's a chance to run all the saws without scaring the neighbors:greenchainsaw:

And, of course, a chance to get out in the country :clap:

mark

Can you imagine how busy one would have to be to keep wood flowing into a house that burns that much wood?!!! My neighbor has wood stacked all over his property and inside 2 buildings one for the house and one for the shop and then a bunch cut to sell and he don't have 35 cords. Jeezzzzzzzz thats hard to imagine.

Can you imagine how busy one would have to be to keep wood flowing into a house that burns that much wood?!!! My neighbor has wood stacked all over his property and inside 2 buildings one for the house and one for the shop and then a bunch cut to sell and he don't have 35 cords. Jeezzzzzzzz thats hard to imagine.

He built 5' by 5' boxes which he lifts with the skid. Filled to the hilt...one is placed by the front door, another in the shed feeding the wood furnace.
About 4-5 boxes are always full ready to be used.

You're right...he is constantly feeding wood. But it sure beats the cost of propane.

Back