burn tube repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have one burn tube that has seen better days and needs to be replace soon. I went to the Avalon dealer and was quoted $200 for 2 new tubes. I was looking at them and I don't see why I couldn't replace them in Stainless Steel for a lot less money. Has anyone done this? Any Idea on what I need for pipe, tubing, thickness, type. I don't have a lot of experience with stainless, mostly I stick with steel since I can weld it with my little wire feed lincoln.

there is no way the burn tubes are $200.00, they quoted you wrong. the tubes are stainless just not polished. i would revisit what they looked up for parts. there is a breakdown on parts in the back of your manual or you can go to there web site and get the manual. don't use mild steal it will not hold up a week!

there is no way the burn tubes are $200.00, they quoted you wrong. the tubes are stainless just not polished. i would revisit what they looked up for parts. there is a breakdown on parts in the back of your manual or you can go to there web site and get the manual. don't use mild steal it will not hold up a week!

the dealer told me they were steel not stainless and that they were $100 per tube. The dealer very well could be full of B.S. since he tried to tell me I was wrong when I said I wanted the liner insulated to increase draft and reduce creosote build up. He said that I want to leave it uninsulated to allow the heat to warm up the chimney which would give me better draft. If you know of a good dealer who knows about burning and not just selling let me know.

If you have a good tube, take it to a fabrication shop and have a set made from stainless. I don't think they would be that expensive. There's a good reason why stainless is used.

Back