Burner law is passed by council IN MILLERSBURG PA.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is Millersburg

I mapquested the town and it's just up the road form Harrisburg, PA. I wonder if this town has become a bedroom community for Harrisburg? It's a little too far to be commuter-distance for Baltimore.

Anyway, I just wonder IF, in fact, it HAS become a bedroom commuter town, then the (assumedly) well-to-do's who don't know which end of a splitting wedge to put into a log may be wanting to shut the local frugal guy down.

I'm such a fear monger :dizzy:

Ashes

You can NOT put the ashes on your own land? They are wood ashes, not nuclear waste.

Just another way for big brother to regulate !!

There will be a few trash packers on fire in that town. "Hey dear, can you throw the hot ashes in the trash? Tommorow is trash day!":monkey:

There will be a few trash packers on fire in that town. "Hey dear, can you throw the hot ashes in the trash? Tommorow is trash day!":monkey:

Yep smoky trucks going down the road.

I have a 3 can system from the stove to the ash can to a small trash can to plastic bags to the garbage truck, takes 3 weeks to hit the road.
Wood Coal can stay hot 2 weeks or more.

But we must follow the city laws and follow all instructions to the fullest.

Last edited:
Yep smoky trucks going down the road.

I have a 3 can system from the stove to the ash can to a small trash can to plastic bags to the garbage truck, takes 3 weeks to hit the road.
Wood Coal can stay hot 2 weeks or more.

But we must follow the city laws and follow all instructions to the fullest.

At my house it goes from my wheel barrow to a pile over the bank !
Just another advantage of living in the sticks :)

ktm...can't remember the name of the seafood rest. near Mt. Savege, west of Frostburg, ate there years ago...odd to find a place to bust up some crabs in the middle of the mountains....Last week, I was talking with someone here at work (Reston Va.) about the B-52 crash on Mt. Savage long ago, Wash. Post did an article about it...it had a live nuke on it. The SIL's family are between Redhouse/Oakland, his aunt/uncle used to own a drive-in theater there....BTW, my ashes go to the garden/raised beds for next year's 'maters.

ktm...can't remember the name of the seafood rest. near Mt. Savege, west of Frostburg, ate there years ago...odd to find a place to bust up some crabs in the middle of the mountains....Last week, I was talking with someone here at work (Reston Va.) about the B-52 crash on Mt. Savage long ago, Wash. Post did an article about it...it had a live nuke on it. The SIL's family are between Redhouse/Oakland, his aunt/uncle used to own a drive-in theater there....BTW, my ashes go to the garden/raised beds for next year's 'maters.

That restaurant is called The Hen House. It has excellent food. It burnt to the ground last year but they rebuilt and it is better than ever.
That plane crash was on the mountain I live on. My grand dad ( who bought this property way back when and lived here for years) heard the plane hit. it woke him up. It was during a very bad storm and he said he knew exactly what happened. So, he bundled up and walked to the crash site. I do believe he said that a couple of the crew members survived.

Last edited:
At my house it goes from my wheel barrow to a pile over the bank !
Just another advantage of living in the sticks :)

Ya shamless polluter:buttkick: Dont ya know there are field mice etc that could get burned??

LOL:greenchainsaw:

Back