Burning tires in a OWB ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
BAD BAD BAD but yet you go to the drag races and watch and breath in 500 cars doing burnouts.
whats the deal??

Smoking tires for fun but not for heat is OK for the same reason it's OK for Ozone Al Gore to burn up enough electric every month to run my house for a year and yet call me a polluter because I took the jet stops out of my MS660.

The Government is god:bowdown: Just listen and due as you are told and dont question us.
Adolf Hitler

they are trying to ban OWB in CT because of this.

because one jack a$$ did something wrong,the world police want to punish us all.they are made for wood! burn wood in them!why would you spend around 10k and then do something stupid like burn tires in it?

I resisted arguing this in another thread.

Why, for the love of gawd, would you want to burn anything than what your OWB/stove/FP was "designed" for?

I'm not about to grind up my worn spares and toss 'em into my stove. But for that matter I get nervous burning wood that is still a little unseasoned.

Is it just me?

Here is a candidate for burning tires, unused paint, motor oil, power poles, asbestos insulation, and maybe a little wood.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=44098

If this resembles your OWB then you have earned a "pass" 'cause you're nutso anyway!

OWB follow up.

I don't think that the ( W ) in OWB, stands for ( whetever ).:rolleyes:

Non wood burning in OWB...

Why, for the love of gawd, would you want to burn anything than what your OWB/stove/FP was "designed" for?

I dunno.. I am thinking of tossing an elk or 12 into the OWB here now. They are back (again). Tearing up fences, ripping up newly planted trees, and dropping poop bombs all around the place. 6 inches arcoss... have to dig out my .303 and do some blasting.

Off Topic

I dunno.. I am thinking of tossing an elk or 12 into the OWB here now. They are back (again). Tearing up fences, ripping up newly planted trees, and dropping poop bombs all around the place. 6 inches arcoss... have to dig out my .303 and do some blasting.

Man you Oregon boys are stealin' all our game! I'll have to research some new out of state areas. I gotta get my freezer filled up next season!

I burn tires because I ran out of transformer oil back in January, a higher efficiency unit might allow me to use all transformer oil next year:popcorn:

I burn tires because I ran out of transformer oil back in January, a higher efficiency unit might allow me to use all transformer oil next year:popcorn:

Your Joking, Right ??

Transformer oil can be sold back to the Federal Govt.
to be recycled into CDE's Carbon Diffusion Elements.
That will help to restore all the man made GWR. Global Warming Responsibilities. That each one of us is responsible for.
There may also be a tax credit on that also.
Check with your tax man.;)

I'm not about to grind up my worn spares and toss 'em into my stove. But for that matter I get nervous burning wood that is still a little unseasoned.

Is it just me?

Here is a candidate for burning tires, unused paint, motor oil, power poles, asbestos insulation, and maybe a little wood.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=44098

If this resembles your OWB then you have earned a "pass" 'cause you're nutso anyway!

Dont grind them up!! they burn longer if they are whole!!:laugh:

so back to my question .
family sittin in the smoke pit of NHRA nats is ok but tire in the fire bad bad bad ??
I know my boiler dosent have the abbility to burn wood fuel compleatly so tires would just smoke ALOT but what about a garn unit that produces no smoke at all ??
I use a little old fryer oil to get my boiler going when it goes almost out but no i am not burning tires.

so back to my question .
family sittin in the smoke pit of NHRA nats is ok but tire in the fire bad bad bad ??
I know my boiler dosent have the abbility to burn wood fuel compleatly so tires would just smoke ALOT but what about a garn unit that produces no smoke at all ??
I use a little old fryer oil to get my boiler going when it goes almost out but no i am not burning tires.

Burning fryer oil is carbon neutral and I do the same to get my stove going after it has gone out when I was out of town. Tires add carbon because they came from oil at somepoint in their life. This discussion could rapidly deteriorate into a discussion on the effects of burning tires and its effect on global warming. I think that has been hashed on this forum already.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I have not compared the NHRA or small tracks to burning wood in an OWB.
White smoke compared to black smoke...... I dont know. But it is so much more fun to smoke your tires then pick them up and put them in your OWB.

Back