Buyer Beware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems pretty sleeezy to me. (Using someone else's photos to sell something)
That's the thing. He didn't just use my pictures. There is no mention that the pictures are not of the actual saw being sold. There are not many 090Gs in nicer condition. I don't think I've ever seen a nicer one. Imagine paying that kind of money for a saw, or anything, and not getting what you bought.

That's the thing. He didn't just use my pictures. There is no mention that the pictures are not of the actual saw being sold. There are not many 090Gs in nicer condition. I don't think I've ever seen a nicer one. Imagine paying that kind of money for a saw, or anything, and not getting what you bought.

You wouldn't be happy that's for sure, although if you use paypal there is really no risk to the buyer but it would become a huge muck around in any case.

Asked the seller to verify the pics.

report it to eBay,
I hate it when ebay users lie about their products.

Last week I almost pulled the trigger on a NOS 024 piston that R&E had listed. They have a lot of stihl NOS parts. I did a search and they are not a stihl dealer, which threw a flag for me.
After seeing this I'm glad I didn't even if its legit. That's just wrong.

Maybe someone needs to phone them (ie, Brad) and talk to someone there. If their account got hacked, they would probably like to know about it. The email in the link may not actually go to the company so someone may need to do some research to find their contact info from another source. I don't think they could have that good of a feedback rating and be scoundrels at the same time. Something's amiss.

Now it says auction has ended best offer accepted. I hope someone didn't get the shaft....

I've bought miscellaneous saw parts etc from that seller over the last few years, never had any issues whatsoever although I agree that using someone else's photo and specifically stating it is theirs is certainly shady.

I've bought miscellaneous saw parts etc from that seller over the last few years, never had any issues whatsoever although I agree that using someone else's photo and specifically stating it is theirs is certainly shady.

Me too. .

Because they are close, I probably have bought a few hundred items from them.

Always as described.

I'm not saying that the saw deal isn't shady! But that they have their eBay rating because they do have many loyal customers. I just got something this week.

They also have one of the nicest MS 440's I have ever seen.

I just hope the dupe who bought the saw is ready for it..

You should file a report with Ebay ASAP because the seller used your pictures without your permission, which is against Ebay policy. You'll need to submit evidence that it was in fact your picture and if they decide you're right they can notify the buyer and determine what other action they want to take against the seller. Given his feedback numbers unfortunately he'll likely get a slap on the wrist at best. :(

Here's the link outlining eBay's policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html and that page also outlines what you need to do to file a complaint.

People try this crap all the time on eBay with watches too. Good luck.

For my 2c - I recently reported a husky 365 sale to eBay as the saw was a Chinese copy, sold as a new husky 365.

This is the description -

Brand New Husqvarna 365 Chainsaw

Was bought brand new however was never used,

Chainsaw is ready to use-

Any question please feel free to ask

Welcome to pick up

Interstate buyers please contact me before the auction ends to arrange a price

I got no response, the saw was sold, the seller had the same listing up again in a week selling another one. I get the feeling eBay dgaf.

Hey I bet they were hacked. I had my flickr account hacked awhile back. First a bunch of my machine shop pictures were deleted. Then the whole account went with my e-mail included. We were able to trace it to a server in Provo, Utah and even got an IP address. One day the Brush Ape silhouette may darken their door.

Back