buying a mill on Amazon, my saw is a JRED 2260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat22lr

just some guy that burns wood
Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 2260 and would like to buy an Alaskan saw mill set up off Amazon. 1st off is my saw enough saw? 2nd, theres a huge selection on amazon what brands should I steer clear from and what brands are "good". Any and all information is great so thank you in advance.

If my saw is enough what bar and chain do you guys recommend, and if it isn't, what saw should I be looking at.

Sorry cant help with mill advice but at 60cc you should be able to do some milling with it.
I'd be looking at a 20" bar which gives a max width cut on a standard alaskan of about 14"
Tp protect the saw it will need to be tuned so that it maxes out a few hundred rpm below max revs.
Chainwise I would just start with a conventional cross cutting chain and file the top plate filing angle back to 10º over successive sharpening.

Sorry cant help with mill advice but at 60cc you should be able to do some milling with it.
I'd be looking at a 20" bar which gives a max width cut on a standard alaskan of about 14"
Tp protect the saw it will need to be turned so that it maxes out a few hundred rpm below max revs.
Chainwise I would just start with a conventional cross cutting chain and file the top plate filing angle back to 10º over successive sharpening.
awesome thank you ill give that a go I have a 20 inch bar on there already

Latest posts

Back