Buying a MS 260 Pro Tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting edge!:greenchainsaw:

Cutting Edge: Making a cheaper saw that does the same work, weighs less, less vibes, quieter, better features, user friendly, etc...

Anyone can make a big chunk of metal cut wood...Cutting edge technology allows you to do it better.

I seem to recall The bashers on here slamming Echo for offering spring assisted recoils on some model saws... which they have been doing for some time...It took Stihl a while to catch on, and now it's the coolest.

Yep... put your money where you keystroke... That's what I always say!!! LMAO:agree2: Well, nite ya'll... Gotta rest up so I can try out my new baby!!!:)

Cutting Edge: Making a cheaper saw that does the same work, weighs less, less vibes, quieter, better features, user friendly, etc...

Anyone can make a big chunk of metal cut wood...Cutting edge technology allows you to do it better.

I seem to recall The bashers on here slamming Echo for offering spring assisted recoils on some model saws... which they have been doing for some time...It took Stihl a while to catch on, and now it's the coolest.

Thank's for clearing it up for the newbies. I figured you would say it sooner or later.
Phew, don't you feel better now that it's out in the open.

ECHO was adopted as the name of a new brand in anticipation of international expansion in 1963. The name was taken from that of a nymph in Greek mythology and was adopted in conjunction with the release of the company's first chainsaw, the CS-80.

WOW, they have b een building saws since 1963
:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Some of that may be true, but for a homeowner that does not work on saws it does make more sense to go with a saw that has a fairly expansive service/parts network. I have a couple of the older John Deere echos and they still run well, but almost never get used.

Careful Mow... His plan is to get you sleep deprived, then take advantage of you (watch while you say something nice about echos...):greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
The only Echo that I will ever get is the wholesome growl of this 361 coming back at me after I shut her down in the mountains when I'm through cutting wood! Aren't Echo products made in Korea by Mexicans that speak fluent Greek? Just my :looser: two cents worth!! LMAO

Μιλούν τα ελληνικά όχι. Δόξα τω Θεώ!

Great saw from what I've read. Congradulations and enjoy! Welcome aboard, mostly it's fun here but there are times it's like a bad flash back. Some above is case in point.

One of your many attributes:
Eternal Optimist
:cheers:

Nice new avatar.
I am going skeet shooting in the morning with a group of arborists.
Maybe i'll stop by Home Deport and pick up an Echo to toss up.
Would be fun....

Nice new avatar.
I am going skeet shooting in the morning with a group of arborists.
Maybe i'll stop by Home Deport and pick up an Echo to toss up.
Would be fun....

Thanks!
Nah, they are to heavy and slow, not much of a challenge. Set em out at a 500 yards or better with a .50 BMG, that would be interesting. Full tank of gas and an Incendiary round is a lot of fun, trust me.

This is almost like the stihl versus echo, exmark versus scag argument I'm so used to elsewhere, but it's a good thread.
Especially since I'm from Pennsylvania.:clap:

The 260 is a bit light for extended firewood cutting in my opinion, but it will certainly do the job.

I like horsepower.:cheers:

Exmark is way better than Scag :cheers:

Latest posts

Back