• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy buying non running huskys and stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im having a hard time finding non running saws at the moment and if I go find one im not paying 100 bucks for a parts saw lol. so saws im looking for are

Husqvarna and Stihl I pay 30.-50 per saw and that depends on if its complete and what shape its in

in Husqvarna im looking for 55, 61, 65, 272 460, 455, 445, and any pro saws, im also looking for a cylinder for a husky 272 in good shape, as im building a 272 hybrid for my own use.

Stihl saws 039, 310,311, 066,660, ms170 , 460 really any saw will work and of course pro saws im trying to to build a client base

Maybe that why I'm having trouble finding saws lol but the few saws I did buy needed pistons cylinders and crank bearings

I wish I could find more deals like I did this summer l. I bought a 039 plastic was good but had a scored cylinder and a good crank. The other was a 310 plastic was shot but good piston and cylinder . I paid 35 for both saws and came out with a hell of a nice running 039, I sold it for 320.00

It’s hard to find a pro saw that’s complete for less than 100 no matter the running condition on these forums and groups. Guys here can fix them. The only time I’ve found them for less is when I meet up with a customer buying a rebuilt saw from me and I ask if they have any broken non running saws. Then usually I can find a good score or two. My guys is most guys here do the same, and they do it to rebuild and have profit, not many are going to pass up on $200-$300 profit to sell a saw for $50 and make $10...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I over pay on some, sometimes I buy a lot and pass on a builder or two. Sometimes it's cheap trade ins or abandoned saws that cost too much to fix at a dealer. Last year I bought four scored Stihls at a yard sale. Two were pro saws. To get the best deals you really have to have feelers out in about 37 places at once...

This is just a hobby for me. I take almost no work on other people's saws. I collect projects, build them at my pace, run them for a while, then pass them along. Along the way I keep a few and learn what I like to work on. Some saws pay me well to repair them, some are a labor of love. I damn near can't say no to a broken 5100s or 5105, despite the fact I'll end up getting paid less than a Chinese teenager to repair them.

You are the same guy on facebook. You been kicked of most groups he parts and sells on ebay.he tried dealing with me and then tried to offer me insane stupid prices for my stuff. Then he changed what he was gonna buy wanted a different price and stated he had to talk to his partner. I figured it was his spouse then when I asked he said no his ebay partner. @cuinrearview @fishercat @TRTermite @kenton.a.frank m. He also has a business name too.

Latest posts

Back