CAD is getting worse...I guess

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rd35

Just an average Joe's brother!!
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hello
My name is...well....rd35...........and I have CAD. I didn't want to admit it at first, but then this past Friday, with my loving wife riding along on a beautiful sunny afternoon, it hit me again. We had traveled to Odon Indiana to visit a very popular butcher shop and get a bite to eat at an Amish restaurant. This trip was mostly about the two of us just getting away from the rat race of everyday living and to go for a nice long drive. Well.....just outside of Odon, there is also a very popular Stihl dealership. I always have to stop in to pick up something....but usually just to look at new saws and such. Well, this time I walk up to the counter and the guy says, "What can we do for you today?" I say, "You got any saws back there that are broken, stuck, something you just don't want to mess with that I could buy cheap to play with in my shop?" He goes back, looks around, comes back to the counter with an MS170 that won't run. Not stuck, good compression, clutch not burned up, bar, scabbard, no chain. We barter for about 30 seconds. $35.00. I walk out with Sthil chainsaw number 11.
My wife is a saint!!! She just smiled and shook her head!

Replace carb. Check fuel & impulse lines-If you have spark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

No impulse line, part of the carb plastic mounting, does has a rubber seal with a plastic shaped ring between carb and mount. Not too hard to strip down.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back