CAD is history

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello guys, I was seriously concerned that CAD got me too.
All I was thinking was chainsaws.
As it turns out, it is not that bad. It is in my nature to set myself a target and to pursue the dream till turns reality.
As I embarked on the ship to find the best saw, I was a pest around here asking and asking...
I am proud to let you know that the temporary cad I had is gone now and even that I enjoy my saw very much, and I intend to get a 70 cc sometimes in the future,
I do not obsess much about saws anymore.

does it happened to any of you? have anyone else defeated the virus?

I wish to thank all of you, equally Stihl guys and Husky guys the same.
You all helped with my choice. Couldn`t have picked a better saw (not even when MS 262 will be available; maybe, just maybe, if the 562XP were at hand, I wouldn`t have needed the 70cc)

cheers

Hello guys, I was seriously concerned that CAD got me too.
All I was thinking was chainsaws.
As it turns out, it is not that bad. It is in my nature to set myself a target and to pursue the dream till turns reality.
As I embarked on the ship to find the best saw, I was a pest around here asking and asking...
I am proud to let you know that the temporary cad I had is gone now and even that I enjoy my saw very much, and I intend to get a 70 cc sometimes in the future,
I do not obsess much about saws anymore.

does it happened to any of you? have anyone else defeated the virus?

I wish to thank all of you, equally Stihl guys and Husky guys the same.
You all helped with my choice. Couldn`t have picked a better saw (not even when MS 262 will be available; maybe, just maybe, if the 562XP were at hand, I wouldn`t have needed the 70cc)

cheers

I hear you and wish you luck. HOWEVER, CAD is insidious and lurks in the shadows of men's souls. Beware and be prepared.

Bad news, you have CAD. Denial and temporary insanity... thinking you only need one saw, usually happens about the 3rd or 4th week. Within 2 weeks from now, you will be searching for a Stihl 440/441.

...does it happened to any of you? have anyone else defeated the virus?

Sort of....i keep it at bay pretty good but the brand new 372XPW 75cc i have coming in about two weeks isn't helping my case. But in my defense it is the 3rd saw in my 3 saw plan. :biggrin:

For me CAD is real and it is here!
I only have one saw that i would never get ride of Stihl 050AV.
Not that it is such a great saw, but that saw has lots of memories behind it.

I now am working on my 3 to 4 saw plan.
Husky 385 xp
Husky 272 xp
Husky 365/372 ( project saw)

I am trying to get a Mac Timber Bear from a member.

Now I think I will try to get a matched set of my runners.
that way my saws will not get lonely. My two husky runners do not like the old stihl. The old stihl snores alot.

I also want a Poulan-pro (tan) so I can port and MM and see how durable it will be.

Yes I have CAD, it is real and it is here!!

Hope you don't leave us Count, you crack me up! I think I may have CAD still but have gotten over my hoarding issues. I'm a saw or two away from having only what I need for work.

I`m not quiting anything and I`m not leaving guys, I just realized I have got the right saw and it does satisfy me completely. I`m kinda married to it if you like.
I`ll still cut wood, fell trees and stuff, always trying to perfect and learn new techniques.

oh ya, I`m definitely staying.
and as I said, I may get a 70cc in the future. NOT CAT though.
really.
I don`t think CAD really exists; somebody slipped it off and everyone ever since is buying saws.....

:))

I say this: CAD is when you don`t have the right saw.

Wright saw, or right saw.....seee CAD!!!!!:bulgy-eyes:9 saw+plan

My only advice is to start drinking heavily!!

I have done that in periods, but it doesn't really help! :laugh:

The 346xp cured it for nearly 3 years though, and the MS361 for over two! Non of my other saws did.......

I have the 560/562xp in sight now, and money is reserved - but it has to hit the market first!

Last edited:
Teh PLAN

I`m not quiting anything and I`m not leaving guys, I just realized I have got the right saw and it does satisfy me completely. I`m kinda married to it if you like.
I`ll still cut wood, fell trees and stuff, always trying to perfect and learn new techniques.

oh ya, I`m definitely staying.
and as I said, I may get a 70cc in the future. NOT CAT though.
really.
I don`t think CAD really exists; somebody slipped it off and everyone ever since is buying saws.....

:))

---I did the "one saw plan" for years, and never with something as nice as you just got. With that said...I don't like a one saw plan. I just now came buck from cutting, heading out again this afternoon for another load. I have a small (took a 46cc with me today, trial run with my restored PP295) and a medium, 50-60cc being the medium, my echo 600P fits there, and I really have come to the conclusion I need an 80cc or better "big" saw as well for really big stuff.

You really need three at a minimum once you trek out to cut most wood. The mid size saw would be the equivalent of the one saw plan size, but you really need a lighter trim saw, then your main saw, then a big one for doing mambo trunks and for felling.

Wait, you need four..a climbing saw.... because we love trees and sometimes they need our attention way up yonder... just sayin'...and then backups for each size saw, now you need eight saws and see, you *need* them to work, so it is acceptable and not an out of control addiction...

--then you need a buncha fiskars cutting implements.... whoops, now you need a tractor..and a dump truck and trailer, aww shoot, another truck with a chip box to haul the chipper around and..and.....

---I did the "one saw plan" for years, and never with something as nice as you just got. With that said...I don't like a one saw plan. I just now came buck from cutting, heading out again this afternoon for another load. I have a small (took a 46cc with me today, trial run with my restored PP295) and a medium, 50-60cc being the medium, my echo 600P fits there, and I really have come to the conclusion I need an 80cc or better "big" saw as well for really big stuff.

You really need three at a minimum once you trek out to cut most wood. The mid size saw would be the equivalent of the one saw plan size, but you really need a lighter trim saw, then your main saw, then a big one for doing mambo trunks and for felling.

Wait, you need four..a climbing saw.... because we love trees and sometimes they need our attention way up yonder... just sayin'...and then backups for each size saw, now you need eight saws and see, you *need* them to work, so it is acceptable and not an out of control addiction...

--then you need a buncha fiskars cutting implements.... whoops, now you need a tractor..and a dump truck and trailer, aww shoot, another truck with a chip box to haul the chipper around and..and.....

LOL
I hear you.
Them Fiskars are awesome. I was pruning an orchard and the pole pruners were really powerful. I was surprised how larger branches I could cut; even with three poles. Them scissors are not bad either..

I also think that I have my CAD in check. I still come here nearly every day but I don't think about chainsaws anywhere near like I did a year ago. I've got 3 good running Stihls and they will take care of anything on my property that needs cutting.

Unfortunately, to get rid of the CAD I slipped into a case of FAD. (Firearms Acquisition Disease) I have purchased 9 since September. Now I spend alot of time on the firearms forums.

My only advice is to start drinking heavily!!

You said it! But it doesn't help with CAD!!!!! +1

Count, you are wrong! LOL!!!
I bet if a good deal comes up on a saw you do not need, you will be bringing that saw home! That is CAD! Having the saws you need is good planning! But CAD is a good disease, which I think you have!

biodrive tools

LOL
I hear you.
Them Fiskars are awesome. I was pruning an orchard and the pole pruners were really powerful. I was surprised how larger branches I could cut; even with three poles. Them scissors are not bad either..

I love biodrive tools, and for the money you spend on them, fiskars can't be beat. So far I had the fillet knife (many a good bass or bluegill dinner), several of their scissors, got the supersplitter last fall, and just this past week used a gift card and got the machete, the hatchet and a spring loaded folding pocket saw. I already have a pole pruner, a corona, else I'd get one of theirs. Next I want one of each of fiskar's arborist hand saws, and then that two handed brushaxe. I wish they made an affordable heavy crosscut saw.

I am usually not brand loyal to anything, but for fiskars..I have yet to purchase any junk from them, and their prices are just a little bit above junk, but way better quality. Ergonomics plus good materials plus real fair price=good stuff.

Latest posts

Back