Cad pics. post yours

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't let the cat outta the bag!

Gmax, thats the first I've ever seen of a 999. How does it run?

Those Oly's are old, slow, and heavy. Tell everyone that. I like being the only American that bids on them on the Bay. Did I say they're heavy.

I have a 945AF x 2, a 950, 355F, 264F, 264 deluxe, 272 and 284. All slow and heavy. The recoil from the 284 weighs half as much as a Homelite XL2. LOL.

PB your 271 looks just like my early edition 272 with the orange cover. Mine came with the handguard, but its cracked. I replaced the top cover with a black cover from a 284 that was equiped with chainbrake. It has metal build-up in the cover where the screws were tapped in for the hand guard. Your 271 is also the first one I've seen that has Olympic, and Olympyk on the same part. I still have your e-mail, I'll have to send you those IPL's to scan. I've been using them lately.

One thing I've noticed on Oly's is the chainbrake is almost always broke. I don't know if thats a testament to there durability or the fact that parts are scarce. Another reason people should stay away from them, There DANGEROUS.

attachment.php
The wife says I have too many.I think I have all I need right now.The 5100 has heated handles for those very cold days.
attachment.php

I still think you should put a green oil cap on that 371. Just to irritate everyone, and show how environmentally friendly you are.

Vibes, The 999 is ok but for a saw that size I prefer my Dolmar 143, it cuts faster. The chainbrakes are still working fine on my 264F & 284F, my favorite
Oleo Mac's are the Blitz 501 (Oleo Mac 251B) and the 264 F deluxe.

Here's a video cutting some hardwood,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vBwIRckdbQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vBwIRckdbQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back