call backs.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
budroe69moni

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
hey guys,
lately i've been getting calls from potential customers
saying......"i saw your sign and we need some trees
done, please give me a call blah, blah, blah". but when
i return the call and leave a message, they don't call back.:mad:
how many times should someone call back a potential
lead?????????
budroe:cool:

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
I usually called twice, but never on the same day. If I left a message for someone that had requested an estimate and didn't hear back, I'd try them again the following evening. If still no response, they obviously weren't serious about wanting my opinion or else they already hired someone else.

kf_tree

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
thats the problem with dam answering machines. thats why i had a secretary answer the phone. you get the calls as they come in. if i got one 400.00 job a week because of her she made her salary. i personaly hang up on answering machines. customers were always amazed when they called my business and actually got a person on the phone.

Greg

ArboristSite Guru
I'll call a couple of times not leaving a msg, and then might call and leave a msg twice at most. When they don't call back I assume that they were calling so many people that they finally got their goal of X # of estimates and I was too late. Good riddance price hunters!
Greg

Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
I use an answering service too, I think it makes them feel obligated to leave a message since they are talking to a person even if they know it's not my employee(most people think it's my sect'y ). If i get an answering machine I usually only leave a mess. once with my cell #, balls back in their court.Sometimes twice if it sounds promising. Some people will get tired of the phone tag if they miss me on the cell and I don't blame them, what else can you do besides have a sect'y that knows your schedule and all about the work you do? I'm the only one they can ask specific questions of right now.

Latest posts