254xp parts availability (clutch cover)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxblaze

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, still have the 350 project on the bench. Haven't had time to finish getting it going, though I've made some headway with it, though I've been tempted to just go ahead and do a 346xp top end swap on it and call it a day. And another project is finding its way to the bench to push it to the back burner for now.

My father had a half rebuilt 254xp given to him as a backup for his old one. He's decided to sell his good one and is giving me his project rig. supposedly has a freshly rebuild motor, just needs a few things like carb, coil, and some covers. I've been able to track down all missing pieces except a clutch cover. Seems they're getting tricky to find. Not looking to spend much as half the fun in this for me is getting these things going on the cheap, any other interchangeable covers that'll fit or can be modded to fit without looking too ridiculous?

I've been scouring ebay and amazon looking and not seeing any around, any good online sources for used parts that a guy should have bookmarked?

Well he did some digging and found an old clutch cover for it he didn't know he had so turns out I have most everything I need. Now to find some room on the bench to fit it and get after it.

Latest posts

Back