Camp Cuisine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer to wedge them in around between the intake and the valve covers. That's on a skidder though. I could never get the can to stay put on the dozer, too much bouncing. . A few feet of wire is enough to make a hanger.
I will say that no matter what happens to my vittles, i am going to eat them:cool2: I ate probably 3 tbsps of diesel one day, the taste was not all that bad, but it played hell with my guts..
I just thought about the water I used to drink at work, lots of small springs that got exposed while shoving skid trails. I would bottle a gallon of the chocolaty water in the morning, by 10:30,(dinner time) all the sediment had fallen and I would drink it up! Everyone though I was crazy for drinking "wild" water. To me, those dirty springs where the good stuff compared to the ####ty tasting well water I used to drink down in the California valley between Cuyama and Carrizo plain. That water smelled like pure cow mess. My cousin drank some of the corral well water and got sick as ####, it never fazed me haha.

I saw a recipe the other day I thought was interesting, called breakfast in a bag. You take a paper lunch bag and lay several strips of bacon in the bottom. Then take a handful or two of hashbrowns and put on top of the bacon. Finally crack a couple eggs on top of the hashbrowns and roll up the top till it is a couple inches from the food. Then you place several inches above some coals and it cooks itself. The recipe said it is ready when the bacon grease comes half way up the bag. Best part seemed to be that the dishes can go right in the fire when you're done.

3 cans kidney beans. (get the kind with water and do not drain) 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 1 lb. burger, 1 roll of jimmy dean sausage, (Do no be a flatlander and sub for any other kind of sausage!) Sometimes I sub the sausage for bacon when I'm feeling froggy.1 can of corn Brown the burger sausage and or bacon, drain all fat and pat it down with paper towles. Get a big ass pot and add the beans, soup, corn, and meat, and stir like a bastard till it boils. May need to add some water, but not much. Be prepared to enjoy a double dirty rotten good meal!

I can attest to the awesome goodness of this Ranch stew...It is goooooood!

Ingredients for loggers stew

I had a shirt when I was a kid that Said "Loggers Stew" on the front and had a picture of a big black cauldron over a fire with owl feet, granolas hand, wolf feet, and some other bs stickin out of it. On the back were the ingredients that went somethin like this:

4 Large well plucked Spotted Owls
1 Transplanted Grizzly Bear
Bring to a boil for 10 minutes
Add 2 Grey Wolves tails
1/2 pound of Monkey Flower's
3 finely chopped Peregrine Falcons
Simmer for 3 hours
Add 2 tree huggin hippies, and make sure to beat until tender*

*More tree huggers may be needed due to their lack of taste :)

I had a shirt when I was a kid that Said "Loggers Stew" on the front and had a picture of a big black cauldron over a fire with owl feet, granolas hand, wolf feet, and some other bs stickin out of it. On the back were the ingredients that went somethin like this:

4 Large well plucked Spotted Owls
1 Transplanted Grizzly Bear
Bring to a boil for 10 minutes
Add 2 Grey Wolves tails
1/2 pound of Monkey Flower's
3 finely chopped Peregrine Falcons
Simmer for 3 hours
Add 2 tree huggin hippies, and make sure to beat until tender*

*More tree huggers may be needed due to their lack of taste :)

Hmmm, I wonder if I could still find some shirts like that for my kids!?!

Sardine sandwiches on Friday. For breakfast and lunch...because you've run out of everything else.

Now that is the truth! I always end up eating some kind of damn fish out of a can on Friday.

Speaking of food. . . Ain't you coastal boys always sticken one of these in your mouth? I hear they're delicious! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

NateWight_000.JPG

6a00e54ed05fc2883301156fc34735970c-250wi

White Wings

30 large jalapeno peppers
boneless chicken, quail or dove breast
sour cream
garlic salt
bacon

Cut the jalapeno's in half and scrape out the seeds.
Cut pieces of chicken or quail/dove breast big enough to cover the hollowed out pepper
Fill the cavity of the pepper with sour cream, lay on the piece of breast meat, wrap with bacon and use toothpick to hold together and garlic salt the whole thing
Place on a grill and grill until the breast meat is done
Caution you may founder on these, they are fantastic
Taking the seeds out of the peppers make them very mild if your concerned about them being too spicy

Taters in a pot

New Potatoes
Butter
Onion
Yellow squash
cooked bacon
Mrs. Dash

We cut up (chunk up) the tater and place in a good sized pot add fresh onion (diced) add diced yellow squash, add a stick and a half of real butter, put in diced up bacon (optional) give it a healthy dose of Mrs. Dash seasoning and add about a cup of water and cover and sit in on the grill until the taters are done, this is a fantastic dish. If you like mushrooms you can add them to this as well.

White Wings

30 large jalapeno peppers
boneless chicken, quail or dove breast
sour cream
garlic salt
bacon

Cut the jalapeno's in half and scrape out the seeds.
Cut pieces of chicken or quail/dove breast big enough to cover the hollowed out pepper
Fill the cavity of the pepper with sour cream, lay on the piece of breast meat, wrap with bacon and use toothpick to hold together and garlic salt the whole thing
Place on a grill and grill until the breast meat is done
Caution you may founder on these, they are fantastic
Taking the seeds out of the peppers make them very mild if your concerned about them being too spicy

Taters in a pot

New Potatoes
Butter
Onion
Yellow squash
cooked bacon
Mrs. Dash

We cut up (chunk up) the tater and place in a good sized pot add fresh onion (diced) add diced yellow squash, add a stick and a half of real butter, put in diced up bacon (optional) give it a healthy dose of Mrs. Dash seasoning and add about a cup of water and cover and sit in on the grill until the taters are done, this is a fantastic dish. If you like mushrooms you can add them to this as well.

:drool: :drool: :drool: